Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
Bad Looking Thumbnail (Read 2811 times)
Sharon_437040
GCU Newbies

Bad Looking Thumbnail
Aug 24th, 2020, 11:36am

My latest accepted submission has a really bad looking thumbnail when you look at it in my store.  It looks the same way whether I'm in Firefox of Chrome.  The PID is 1640724.  Anyone know why this would happen?  I noticed it when I was creating the card. It went though inspection just fine.

Sharon Dominick Photography Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/sdominick
Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Re: Bad Looking Thumbnail
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2020, 12:53pm

Wait until it's indexed and shows up in the public marketplace. No one can see it's public view yet.

At that point, post again if it looks funky and there may be an answer. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Joyce_133459
artist

Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2020, 4:13am

I have the same thing with several of my cards.  There are white horizontal lines through the image.  Interestingly, it hasn't stopped the cards from selling, but it's still a little disconcerting every time I see it!

Email   IP Logged
Sharon_437040
GCU Newbies

Reply #3 - Aug 25th, 2020, 4:17am

It's indexed now and looks fine on it's own page, looks fine on a search results page but still looks bad in my store.  I'm not worried about it at this point but I find it odd.

Email   IP Logged
Joyce_133459
artist

Reply #4 - Aug 25th, 2020, 4:20am

Mine never improved, even after being indexed ... I also have an issue with some of my cards taking many, many days before they will appear in the 3D mode, which I use for pinning them to Pinterest and sharing on my facebook page.  Both issues are a little annoying but, thankfully, aren't detracting from the fun I'm having here, creating and selling cards!  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Sharon_437040
GCU Newbies

Reply #5 - Aug 25th, 2020, 4:24am

Quote from Joyce_133459 on Aug 25th, 2020, 4:20am:
Mine never improved, even after being indexed ... I also have an issue with some of my cards taking many, many days before they will appear in the 3D mode, which I use for pinning them to Pinterest and sharing on my facebook page.  Both issues are a little annoying but, thankfully, aren't detracting from the fun I'm having here, creating and selling cards!  Smiley

I took a peek at your store and couldn't see any like that in a quick browse but I do remember seeing your cards and others show up in searches like that.  That's good it's not affecting your sales but it's still not a good thing as it could distract buyers.

Email   IP Logged
Joyce_133459
artist

Reply #6 - Aug 25th, 2020, 4:29am

Oh, thanks for having a look, Sharon! Interesting that you did see them at some point with the marks across! I always figured it would correct itself, but that wasn't the case for me ... maybe something can yet be done about it.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Aug 25th, 2020, 6:49am

When I view your store, the thumbnail of this card looks fine as it does in thumbnail view in the marketplace. You should be good to go. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Sharon_437040
GCU Newbies

Reply #8 - Aug 25th, 2020, 6:52am

Thanks for checking!  It must be pulling from my cache or something.  As long as it looks OK to everyone else is all that matters!

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Aug 25th, 2020, 6:56am

Joyce - I did not see anything funny in your store, but - I did notice you have some 100% grayscale cards and sometimes the system registers those oddly with broken lines. There is a way to correct it by forcing the system by adding a TINY dot of color to the card front image at the VERY EDGE where it is trimmed and can't be seen. Then re-upload and replace the image.

Email   IP Logged
Joyce_133459
artist

Reply #10 - Aug 25th, 2020, 7:00am

Oh, interesting, Doreen! Thanks for the info! Yes, the cards that are affected are all grayscale cards!

Email   IP Logged
Mary_Melinda_412298

Reply #11 - Sep 2nd, 2020, 8:29am

Oddly, I'm having this issue now with my recently created cards from last week. 8 of the 12 cards have thumbnails that look way too dark while the others seem fine. I don't think I've ever seen this happen before. One of the cards affected has sold so I guess it doesn't make a difference as long as it looks OK on the product page.

Email   IP Logged
Sharon_437040
GCU Newbies

Reply #12 - Sep 2nd, 2020, 9:00am

I can see it on your cardinal cards.  When you click on them they look correct.  My fear is that if people are just browsing a bunch of different cards, it could cause them to not want to take a closer look.  But that's good that they are still selling,  I wonder why this is happening.

Email   IP Logged
Mary_Melinda_412298

Reply #13 - Sep 2nd, 2020, 9:30am

I wonder if editing the affected cards to replace the image would help? I might try that if I find time later.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #14 - Sep 2nd, 2020, 10:04am

It doesn't, so don't bother, already tried over the weekend. Smiley

I reported it to GCU with screen captures, so hopefully they are working on the issue.

Quote from Mary_Melinda_412298 on Sep 2nd, 2020, 9:30am:
I wonder if editing the affected cards to replace the image would help? I might try that if I find time later.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.