Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Traditional 2020 coronavirus Holiday Cards (Read 519 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Traditional 2020 coronavirus Holiday Cards
Aug 21st, 2020, 10:36am

from a shopper ...

"Due to the pandemic-by any chance is your company going to offer Corona boxed Christmas cards?? I think it would be great since it will be so hard getting store bought ones that have inappropriate messages like have the greatest Holiday yet, when this year has been the worst for so many of my friends. would like something Wishing us all a better year ahead..have a peaceful Christmas!"

We have a good head start on coronavirus themed cards for both Christmas and New Year.  Keep them coming, please!  Most are funny cards (so funny!) because we all sure have needed it.  However not everyone wants to send humorous holiday cards.  So there is a need for traditional holiday cards that address the general issues of 2020 but in a seriously manner.

For this reason we are bending the rules a bit and allowing artists to not be so literal.

These cards need NOT depict masks and toilet paper or even have the buzzwords "coronavirus, pandemic, COVID-19, etc." in the INSIDE VERSE but a sentiment of looking forward to a better year and good health, company of friends and family ahead. A sentiment that would NOT BE FITTING FOR ANY OTHER YEAR THAN 2020. The buzzwords CAN exist in the metadata.  

These cards would go in the >> Coronavirus / COVID 19 subcategory accordingly:
Holidays >> Christmas >> Coronavirus / COVID 19
Holidays >> New Years >> Coronavirus / COVID 19

with the exception of custom front Photo Cards which need to go here accordingly:
» Photo Cards / Your Picture Here » Other  

WITH the second category (which servers as GCU's COVID card catchall) as:
Collections >> Health Awareness >> Coronavirus / COVID 19

(don't worry, the reviewers will help!)

As usual, Stock Card Creations would be categorized as follows and their meta-data will serve them best for searching shoppers finding them:
Collections >> Off the Cuff  
Collections >> Health Awareness >> Coronavirus / COVID 19

Please also consider submissions for these new categories:  
Holidays >> Chanukah / Hanukkah >> Coronavirus / COVID 19
Holidays >> Kwanzaa >> Coronavirus / COVID 19

To expedite the review of these cards, please check Fast Track Review on the card image details page when you create your card and add a Note for Reviewers like "for Forum - Wanted Cards".  

For standard front designs, consider using Stock Card Creations to create new cards quickly. These cards are automatically set for expedited review so no need to Fast Track.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: Traditional 2020 coronavirus Holiday Cards
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2020, 11:30am

We have also added these subcategories under the Business category:

Business >> Christmas >> Coronavirus / COVID 19
Business >> Holidays >> Kwanzaa >> Coronavirus / COVID 19
Business >> Holidays >> New Year's >> Coronavirus / COVID 19
Business >> Holidays >> Chanukah / Hanukkah >> Coronavirus / COVID 19
Business >> Holidays >> Thanksgiving >> Coronavirus / COVID 19

Email   IP Logged
Ellie_542404

Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2020, 1:47pm

I have 2 cards I recently created and not approved. They would be good for this occasion.

PID 1638148 and PID 1638126

Thank you for your consideration

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2020, 4:15pm

Quote from Ellie_542404 on Aug 21st, 2020, 1:47pm:
I have 2 cards I recently created and not approved. They would be good for this occasion.

PID 1638148 and PID 1638126

Thank you for your consideration

Hi, thank you!  I will have the review team take a peek and make any category adjustments needed.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.