Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pinterest for marketing (Read 1745 times)
Lisa_214209

Pinterest for marketing
May 18th, 2020, 2:43pm

Hi,
I know that some folks were talking about advertising designs on Pinterest and I agree that it is the perfect spot to get traffic to your website, blog, or shop. If you aren't familiar with Pinterest, I have a guide that you can download to help you figure out how to set up your account (with links to Pinterest help).  
It is part of a resource library that I created to help other artists, designers, and freelancers. You can get access to it on my website (lisamgriffin.com) or go through the link below to sign up.  
https://view.flodesk.com/pages/5eb569328daf1400260ab5e1

I have used Pinterest for my freelance business and seen a big jump in traffic from that platform vs others. Especially with Instagram being fussier with the algorithm this past year.  

I would love to hear what you guys think of marketing on Pinterest vs other platforms.  
Happy Creating!
Lisa

La Belle Paperie, Artistic Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/LaBellePaperie
Email   IP Logged
Joyce_133459
artist

Re: Pinterest for marketing
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2020, 6:49am

I agree that using Pinterest is a good idea.  I pin my cards to at least three boards every time I create a new one.  The immediate result is usually only one view,  whereas when I post to my FB page I immediatly get 5-10 views.  But in the long run, my images on Pinterest are always being visited over time and I think it's definitely a helpful means of promotion!

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_214209

Re: Pinterest for marketing
Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2020, 6:59am

FB has more users than Pinterest, BUT pins have a much longer "shelf-life" with Pinterest being known as more of a visual search engine. Which is perfect for creatives and artists to share their highly visual work!  Smiley
The half-life of a Facebook post is estimated at 90 minutes, on Pinterest, it’s 3.5 months!

Pins are far more accessible than Facebook (and Twitter) updates. Pinterest gives its users more opportunities to find content, and those opportunities are what increase the lifetime value of pins. That said, if you prefer a platform with more of a social component then FB or IG would be the best spot for that.

La Belle Paperie, Artistic Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/LaBellePaperie
Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.