Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Problem with custom card request feature (Read 1003 times)
Christie_131341
artist

Problem with custom card request feature
Apr 21st, 2020, 7:30am

Is anyone else having an issue with the custom card request feature?

I got a request on the 14th and filled it.  I let the customer know, but got no response. I tried to contact the customer again a couple days later, 16th, still no response and my card has no clicks, so now I am thinking she never got notice.

Last night I got a request and I created the card but when I went to notify the customer this morning I realized this request was from the 15th! Shocked  The request wasn't there when I checked on the 16th.  I went ahead and replied to the customer that the card is ready just in case they still need it, but will see if they even reply, because I don't know if the messages are going through.
Thank you!

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Re: Problem with custom card request feature
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2020, 7:45am

Hi Christie,  
 I had 2 custom requests on the 14th and they both went through properly. I hope you find an answer to your mystery! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Christie_131341
artist

Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2020, 7:50am

Quote from Betsy_145102 on Apr 21st, 2020, 7:45am:
Hi Christie,
I had 2 custom requests on the 14th and they both went through properly. I hope you find an answer to your mystery! Smiley

Appreciate it Betsy!

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Apr 21st, 2020, 7:57am

It's not at all unusual for artists to experience your first comment - make a card, notify customer, no clicks, no sale, no further communication. It happens - customers contact the artist with a special request and then keep 'shopping' only to find a different card that serves their needs as well or better.

I've also experienced the second issue you mention with the delay in the posting of the request. Again, I'm sure this is a process the customer starts and then leaves, but returns to finish the request within the 'cookie' time frame so the system keeps the log date of when the customer began the process. This is rare, but it happens.

Like Betsy, I have not experienced any problems or unusual activity with this process.

Email   IP Logged
Christie_131341
artist

Reply #4 - Apr 21st, 2020, 8:07am

Quote from Doreen_137017 on Apr 21st, 2020, 7:57am:
It's not at all unusual for artists to experience your first comment - make a card, notify customer, no clicks, no sale, no further communication. It happens - customers contact the artist with a special request and then keep 'shopping' only to find a different card that serves their needs as well or better.

I've also experienced the second issue you mention with the delay in the posting of the request. Again, I'm sure this is a process the customer starts and then leaves, but returns to finish the request within the 'cookie' time frame so the system keeps the log date of when the customer began the process. This is rare, but it happens.

Like Betsy, I have not experienced any problems or unusual activity with this process.

Thank you, Doreen.  
As to your first point, I know, that's why it didn't really concern me too much.  And especially now, who knows what people are going through these days!

The second point makes sense.  Just made me think, I hope there is not a glitch that I can't get through to my customers!
Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Stacia_208183
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Apr 21st, 2020, 3:30pm

Most of the time, the system works as I think it should, and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, I reach out to GCU Support and make sure they know I've done what the client asked, and request that they help be sure that the person got the message. That clears my mind, and then I don't worry as to whether or not it's purchased.

Email   IP Logged
Christie_131341
artist

Reply #6 - Apr 22nd, 2020, 11:31am

Quote from Stacia_208183 on Apr 21st, 2020, 3:30pm:
Most of the time, the system works as I think it should, and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, I reach out to GCU Support and make sure they know I've done what the client asked, and request that they help be sure that the person got the message. That clears my mind, and then I don't worry as to whether or not it's purchased.

Thank you, Stacia.
I've since, done another request from yesterday and it just sold, so hopefully it was because I notified them it was ready and it is working.  Who knows if it was original customer or not, but I went ahead and let my reviewer of that card know I was having issues and she forwarded it along. So we will see!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #7 - Apr 22nd, 2020, 4:30pm

Quote from Christie_131341 on Apr 22nd, 2020, 11:31am:

Thank you, Stacia.
I've since, done another request from yesterday and it just sold, so hopefully it was because I notified them it was ready and it is working.  Who knows if it was original customer or not, but I went ahead and let my reviewer of that card know I was having issues and she forwarded it along. So we will see!

Hi Christie,
First thank you for taking good care of the shoppers and responding to their requests.  We do see a variety of shoppers' intent and results on these requests.

I can confirm that the order for our request #16732 was in fact the requesting shopper.  Congratulations and again, thank you for responding to their needs.  

In general it is a good idea, if you don't see a sale from your custom card to send a follow up message to the shopper.  We are all bogged down with emails.  Sometimes that extra nudge is what it takes to get their attention.

Email   IP Logged
Christie_131341
artist

Reply #8 - Apr 23rd, 2020, 8:05am

Quote from Mindy on Apr 22nd, 2020, 4:30pm:
Quote from Christie_131341 on Apr 22nd, 2020, 11:31am:

Thank you, Stacia.

Hi Christie,
First thank you for taking good care of the shoppers and responding to their requests.  We do see a variety of shoppers' intent and results on these requests.

I can confirm that the order for our request #16732 was in fact the requesting shopper.  Congratulations and again, thank you for responding to their needs.

In general it is a good idea, if you don't see a sale from your custom card to send a follow up message to the shopper.  We are all bogged down with emails.  Sometimes that extra nudge is what it takes to get their attention.

Thank you Mindy, for confirming that one sale, glad to know that went through.  I had contacted the other two already, so will wait and see or just assume they no longer need the cards, maybe the emails are going to SPAM. Okay, I tried Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.