Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Question about card specificity (Read 365 times)
Deborah_515300
GCU Newbies

Question about card specificity
Apr 3rd, 2020, 10:00am

I am creating birthday cards with custom name fields and I have a question about letter-specific categories. I have a birthday card that is about getting older which includes a customizable name on the cover. I wanted to put the card in the Name Specific > Customize for Any Name category and also in the Getting Older category. The reviewer required me to put it in the Name Specific > [Letter] category instead of Getting Older. This means that if I want this card to be in the Getting Older category, I have to create another copy of it with no name on the cover.

In order to understand this letter-specific category concept better, I spent some time perusing the birthday card selections.  I understand now that this is a good place to put monograms. But I also discovered that there are some cards that exist that contain non-customizable names on the cover, which seems very strange to me. How often will someone purchase a card that says "Cindy" specifically? Are these cards here only because of specific requests from customers?

If I am required to put my customizable name card in the letter-specific category, so be it, but that means that customers looking for a getting older card with a customizable name will have a harder time finding it. This leads me to ask, can you add a third possible category for customizable cards only so that they can be put in, for example, Name Specific > Customize for Any Name plus Name Specific > [Letter} plus Getting Older? (Non-customizable cards would still be allowed only two categories.) What do you think?

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.