Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
Promotion: Coping with Coronavirus (Read 3561 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Promotion: Coping with Coronavirus
Mar 24th, 2020, 4:13pm

What a great new collection of Coronavirus cards, keep them coming!  The varied sense of humor, challenges, and perspectives are brilliant and will be appreciated by shoppers and recipients.  They are already selling.  

A shopper recently shared this:
"Just got around to opening my most recent order from you. I had looked for an appropriate card to send to people who are stressed out by the pandemic. I didn't really find what I wanted, but when I opened the box today I was thrilled! The cards are just perfect. Thanks so much. Your site has never been more needed than right now. I love being able to customize the cards that I order. You guys are the best! Please stay safe."

One thing is evident during this time of isolation, people are missing people!  Online video chat and phone calls to touch base are on the rise, as is snail mail.  

To help, GCU will be launching Coping with Coronavirus offering shoppers 1 card for $1. This is a one per user promotion and will expire 5/01/20. It applies to any single card the shopper chooses, not just the new collection of coronavirus cards. Depending on the response, we may extend it longer.  

GCU will forgo earnings on these card sales and only recoup postage/shipping costs. Transactions using this single card promotion will post as 0 earnings for the artist on that card only. To compensate artists for the lack of earnings on these single card orders, GCU will manually adjust earnings accordingly to be reflected in 2nd quarter earnings. This will most likely be the minimum 10cent/card earning that GCU committed to never go below.

We hope this will help send some smiles as we all cope with the new normal of COVID-19 and the challenges of isolation and social distancing.  

Stay home, be well, remain healthy!

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Re: Promotion: Coping with Coronavirus
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2020, 4:38pm

Wow! Mindy, this is so special and generous! Thank you so much for your caring and support! I wish you and yours much health and happiness! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Doug_392990

Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2020, 4:42pm

Nice idea. Any help for people in these stressful times is good. In fact, I was feeling guilty for earnings made from my coronavirus card sales.
Doug

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2020, 5:50pm

Quote from Betsy_145102 on Mar 24th, 2020, 4:38pm:
Wow! Mindy, this is so special and generous! Thank you so much for your caring and support! I wish you and yours much health and happiness! Smiley

thank you for your support and well wishes!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2020, 5:50pm

Quote from Doug_392990 on Mar 24th, 2020, 4:42pm:
Nice idea. Any help for people in these stressful times is good. In fact, I was feeling guilty for earnings made from my coronavirus card sales.
Doug

thank you for your support and wonderful sense of humor!

Email   IP Logged
Stephanie_138388
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #5 - Mar 27th, 2020, 10:36am

What a wonderful thing to do!  I would love to share this on facebook when it's enacted. Thank you  Mindy!

Email   IP Logged
Sandra_501680
GCU Newbies

Reply #6 - Mar 27th, 2020, 1:49pm

Great idea for GCU! Happy to be a part of it

Email   IP Logged
CAROL_243890

Reply #7 - Mar 27th, 2020, 3:16pm

That's a great idea, Mindy. And what a lovely uplifting letter from that customer.
I love and really appreciate being part of the GCU community.

Carol x

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #8 - Mar 27th, 2020, 4:02pm

Quote from Stephanie_138388 on Mar 27th, 2020, 10:36am:
What a wonderful thing to do!  I would love to share this on facebook when it's enacted. Thank you  Mindy!

thank you, we are targeting for Monday.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #9 - Mar 27th, 2020, 4:03pm

Quote from Sandra_501680 on Mar 27th, 2020, 1:49pm:
Great idea for GCU! Happy to be a part of it

thank you, Sandra!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #10 - Mar 27th, 2020, 4:04pm

Quote from CAROL_243890 on Mar 27th, 2020, 3:16pm:
That's a great idea, Mindy. And what a lovely uplifting letter from that customer.
I love and really appreciate being part of the GCU community.

Carol x

Thank you, Carol!  We are so grateful for our artist community, especially in times like these.

Email   IP Logged
Stephanie_138388
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #11 - Mar 27th, 2020, 7:00pm

So I just read this again, so sorry I didn't catch this to start with.  Please, do not compensate me on this promotion. Smiley  Thank you for making it accessible for folks to keep in touch, in a uplifting way.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #12 - Mar 30th, 2020, 4:23pm

The new collection of cards is selling strongly, as are Easter cards, more than usual.  

It's hard not to feel a little guilty for coronavirus card sales. I'd like to say, don't. The shopper feedback we are getting is positive and encouraging.  

From a recent shopper:
"Can't wait to get these cards. I sent out several dozen of you coronavirus cards over the last two weeks and they have brought smiles to people. You should be getting orders from quite a few people on my mailing list soon. They loved the cards and wanted to know where I got them. Keep up the good work!"

People need greeting cards now more than ever!  All kinds of greeting cards ... to say hello, I miss you, thank you and deliver any special message (birthday, anniversary, upcoming holiday) that they would normally do in person but currently cannot.

The shoppers and the recipients are appreciative!

Email   IP Logged
Audrey_132599
artist

Reply #13 - Mar 30th, 2020, 4:33pm

Thank you for the update Mindy. I have seen a surge in my sales. Be well and God Bless!
~Audrey

Email   IP Logged
Sharon_437040
GCU Newbies

Reply #14 - Mar 30th, 2020, 4:39pm

Very cool!  I'm glad to hear that there has been so much positive feedback on the cards as well.

Sharon Dominick Photography Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/sdominick
Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.