Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Need Specifics (Read 5217 times)
Karen_137659
artist

Need Specifics
Jan 7th, 2020, 10:50am

Please tell me what's wrong with this card? PID# 1594650. The reviewers seem like they are too timid to give specifics, all I ever get is  a link with multiple options why a card was rejected. I need to know which one of these standards isn't being met. OTHERWISE, I am going to keep submitting cards that get rejection. That's fine you have standards. But please tell me which one or ones aren't being met. This should be required in the declines/rejections.

Email   IP Logged
Evelyn_142919
artist

Re: Need Specifics
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2020, 2:47pm

Hi Karen,
My search came up 0. If your card was rejected, you'll have to post a picture of it somewhere for us to look at. I've gotten vague emails, too. It can be really aggrivating, I know. Leave a link here on this thread to the pic of your card.
~ Evie

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2020, 3:07pm

My experience suggests that GCU expects their veteran artists to look through the information and examples WITHIN the LINKS provided in a decline and find the short-comings in their own work in order to improve next time. You, like me, Karen, are a veteran artist with 10 to 11 years at GCU.  

We can't expect the review team to offer detailed descriptions of the areas which the card was declined for - if we expect that, card review times would be months long. As with any company, they have stream-lined this process with very clear examples and information when you click on those links - at least I've always found that to be the case. Perhaps if you did that, you might have a better understanding?

Just a thought based on my experience.

Email   IP Logged
Karen_137659
artist

Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2020, 3:55pm

I placed the card in my private gallery. PID #1595264. Doreen, perhaps I should know by now, but considering the number of card I have submitted..., I really haven't had that much "practice" compared to say someone who has submitted over 1000 images. The link provided in the email for reason won't load, I've tried three different devices. So, let's just say I disagree with the reviewer.

Email   IP Logged
Card_Review_Team
artist

Reply #4 - Jan 7th, 2020, 11:36pm

Karen, thank you for your message. As Doreen has correctly pointed out, reviewers don't have the time to give in-depth descriptions on each card. GCU has developed this system and artists find the articles helpful.

Please email us at cardreview@greetingcarduniverse.com so we can sort out why the links aren't working for you. Please be sure to include the card PID and your Artist ID in the email. Before you do so, if the links aren't clickable in your email, please try copying and pasting the links into your browser.  

Thank you,
Reviewer 443

Quote from Karen_137659 on Jan 7th, 2020, 10:50am:
Please tell me what's wrong with this card? PID# 1594650. The reviewers seem like they are too timid to give specifics, all I ever get is  a link with multiple options why a card was rejected. I need to know which one of these standards isn't being met. OTHERWISE, I am going to keep submitting cards that get rejection. That's fine you have standards. But please tell me which one or ones aren't being met. This should be required in the declines/rejections.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #5 - Jan 8th, 2020, 2:29pm

Hi Karen,  
Reviewers are required to include reasons for all declines and returned for edits cards that map to GCU's Submission Guidelines.  

Looking at your card in question I see these 3 reasons included in the card's decline:

COMPOSITION - Professionalism
See the GCU Blog for explanation & examples:
http://gcucommunity.com/2013/04/22/dash-of-inspiration-composition-unprofessiona l/

IMAGE QUALITY - Grain / Color Noise
http://gcucommunity.com/2013/07/08/dash-of-inspiration-image-quality-graincolor- noise/

IMAGE QUALITY - Color / Contrast
http://gcucommunity.com/2013/07/22/dash-of-inspiration-image-quality-color-contr ast/

I have verified that all three of these links work and link back to the related articles and submission guidelines on the GCU blog.  

If you'd like the opportunity to edit this card to meet the submission guidelines and re-submit it we are happy to return it to you.  

Unrelated but important, the following welcome message on your GCU storefront reads disparagingly and does not support GCU.  

"To my customers, some cards have been removed. If there is one that you have purchased in the past and are not seeing, there's a good chance it is at Zazzle or Cafe Press. Please contact me if you have any questions."

Although GCU permits artists to offer the same designs on other POD sites, we do not permit artists to advertise, provide direct links or URLs to competing sites on their GCU storefront. Please remove or reword the welcome message on your GCU storefront.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.  

Email   IP Logged
Karen_137659
artist

Reply #6 - Jan 8th, 2020, 4:34pm

Thank you Mindy, that's all I ask, I need to know what to change. While the guidelines define what GCU is looking for, the guidelines are general. Unless I know exactly what to work on, I could be guessing all day long what to change going back and forth with reviewers indefinitely.  While I don't agree with some of the reasons, I will try to work on the design. Guidelines are in the eye of the beholder.

I know the reviewers have a tough job. Perhaps they could just give numbers that correspond to the guidelines. They don't have to tear apart the design, but just let the artist know work on balance, work on relevance or composition, whatever.  

I apologize for the message in muy storefront, I will change it. However after the purge of cards, I had friends asking me where certain cards had gone. it was just easier to let them and other customers know where to get the missing cards.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #7 - Jan 8th, 2020, 6:15pm

Quote from Karen_137659 on Jan 8th, 2020, 4:34pm:
Thank you Mindy, that's all I ask, I need to know what to change. While the guidelines define what GCU is looking for, the guidelines are general. Unless I know exactly what to work on, I could be guessing all day long what to change going back and forth with reviewers indefinitely.  While I don't agree with some of the reasons, I will try to work on the design. Guidelines are in the eye of the beholder.

I know the reviewers have a tough job. Perhaps they could just give numbers that correspond to the guidelines. They don't have to tear apart the design, but just let the artist know work on balance, work on relevance or composition, whatever.

I apologize for the message in muy storefront, I will change it. However after the purge of cards, I had friends asking me where certain cards had gone. it was just easier to let them and other customers know where to get the missing cards.

Thank you for your reply and action.  

We have tried to make the guidelines as objective as possible and provide examples in the links to the blog.  Agree there is still a sliver of subjectivity, it's the nature of art.  In all cases however, the reviewers are constructive.  If you feel that was not the case please share.  Please feel free to email me directly at Mindy@gcuniverse.com

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.