Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Problem Customer (Read 672 times)
Cheryl_190023

Problem Customer
Sep 21st, 2019, 7:56am

Hi All. I am wondering how I should handle a situation with a customer who requested that I change a gay anniversary card (which by the way had an image of a colorful rainbow and hearts) to a "straight" card for a "special son and his beautiful girlfriend" instead of a "special son and his husband." After all the work I did to create the card and send her the link, she is now requesting I take off the word, "beautiful." I feel now this is just this customer's way of showing disdain for the lgbt community and supporters.  

Thank you so much ahead of time for any suggestions.

Cheryl : )

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Re: Problem Customer
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2019, 8:28am

Hi Cheryl, Maybe the customer just decided after seeing it that she doesn't care for the word beautiful added for whatever reason, maybe too mushy for her, I don't know. I have had many go arounds with customers to get it right for them, even some that never ended in a sale! You have to do what you want, but in my eyes, this is an easy one. Just curious, did she actually use the term turn this into a straight card? Did you have to totally recreate the design or just the text? Good luck!
Betsy

Email   IP Logged
Cheryl_190023

Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2019, 8:31am

Awww...thanks Betsy! No, she did not use that term, and I just had to recreate the text. She gave no reason for me to take of the word "beautiful," which she specifically requested.

Email   IP Logged
Pamela_135500
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2019, 12:56pm

Hi Cheryl, I have done many custom requests and this is not unusual at all. Frequently when they see a card they want an extra word or two added, changed or removed. I don't think they mean anything by it, as Betsy said.
The choice is yours but happy shoppers often return for other cards so it can be worth one more edit since this is an easy one.    

Pamela Smiley  

Email   IP Logged
Cheryl_190023

Reply #4 - Sep 21st, 2019, 2:10pm

Thank you so much, Pamela! I have made the change she requested, so we'll see if it actually ends in a sale! : )

Email   IP Logged
Audrey_132599
artist

Reply #5 - Sep 21st, 2019, 2:22pm

Cheryl,
I think she just liked it better without the word beautiful. Pleasing the customer is not always easy, but worth it in the end.
Blessings~
Audrey

Email   IP Logged
Cheryl_190023

Reply #6 - Sep 21st, 2019, 2:48pm

Thank you, Audrey! Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.