Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Trouble Pinning to Pinterest (Read 1507 times)
Sharon_437040
GCU Newbies

Trouble Pinning to Pinterest
Sep 11th, 2019, 4:41am

Is anyone else having problems pinning to Pinterest?  When I click on "pin" the pop up box opens up and I select the board I want and the the wheel just spins and spins.  After a few seconds I get a message from Pinterest that says "something went wrong."  I've tried logging out and back into my Pinterest account and it's still the same thing.  I can pin from other sites with out a problem.  It only seems to be happening here.

Sharon Dominick Photography Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/sdominick
Email   IP Logged
Monica_138175
artist

Re: Trouble Pinning to Pinterest
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2019, 5:30am

I have the same problem. Using Google Chrome. Was going to check another browser.

Email   IP Logged
Sharon_437040
GCU Newbies

Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2019, 5:32am

I'm using Firefox so it must not be a browser issue.

Sharon Dominick Photography Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/sdominick
Email   IP Logged
Mary_Melinda_412298

Reply #3 - Sep 11th, 2019, 5:41am

I have noticed the same issue for some weeks now using Chrome. I switched to pinning from the Chrome Pinterest extension and it works.

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Sep 11th, 2019, 5:45am

Yes, same problem with me on Firefox.

Email   IP Logged
Sandra_133229
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Sep 11th, 2019, 6:10am

Sharon, I have been having the same problem for a while now. I use Chrome. I have not tried another browser. I have refreshed my browser with no luck.  

Email   IP Logged
Monica_138175
artist

Reply #6 - Sep 11th, 2019, 6:30am

MS Edge doesn't work, either. The only thing that works is the Pinterest button (extension for the Chrome (or other browser) bookmarks toolbar.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Sep 11th, 2019, 7:28am

Pinterest is one of the social media sites that is trying to stop or significantly reduce the number of pins which include referral codes due to people abusing the site by pinning hundreds a day. Many of these places are no longer allowing you to pin with the referral code embedded unless you go through the full process of creating a New Pin on your boards. See this post and follow these instructions it will not only work fine, but your referral code will be accepted as well..

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1554067241/4#4

https://www.pinterest.com/salonofart/

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Sep 14th, 2019, 8:59am

Thank you, Doreen! It worked like a charm!

Email   IP Logged
Mary_Melinda_412298

Reply #9 - Sep 14th, 2019, 9:04am

Yes, thanks Doreen. That method works well. Dummy me, I didn't even know we had a referral code. What does it do? Do we earn anything for it or is it only for tracking our promotional efforts? I guess I'm trying to keep track of too many different sites now to know the ins and outs of them all.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #10 - Sep 14th, 2019, 9:31am

Quote from Mary_Melinda_412298 on Sep 14th, 2019, 9:04am:
Yes, thanks Doreen. That method works well. Dummy me, I didn't even know we had a referral code. What does it do? Do we earn anything for it or is it only for tracking our promotional efforts? I guess I'm trying to keep track of too many different sites now to know the ins and outs of them all.

Hi Mary - At GCU it's a referral code vs. an affiliate code. The difference being that a referral code gets the artist a referral fee IF the customer is a new customer and makes a purchase of any card on GCU by clicking through one of your links (within the 'cookie' time-frame). This only works if you share on social media sites, blogs or website by copying/pasting the Sell This Card link code(s).

An affiliate code, like Zazzle has, means the artist receives a percentage of every sale - new customer or not - and on every product - yours or not - when they purchase something at Zazzle by getting to the site through your post which contains your affiliate code. And by the way, as I understand it, Zazzle sharing (unless it's collections) is also no longer including your affiliate code on Pinterest.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #11 - Sep 14th, 2019, 9:32am

Quote from Betsy_145102 on Sep 14th, 2019, 8:59am:
Thank you, Doreen! It worked like a charm!

Email   IP Logged
Mary_Melinda_412298

Reply #12 - Sep 14th, 2019, 11:21am

Doreen, thank you very much for the explanation of how the GCU referral codes work. I guess it doesn't hurt to make sure it's on there when one posts to social media.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.