Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Question about categories (Read 1487 times)
Judith_484374
GCU Newbies

Question about categories
Aug 29th, 2019, 8:51am

I have a series of cards that are on a TOPIC/THEME. They all have the same theme and look. The card reviewers wanted me to put some under a different category because a couple of cards had messages like "thinking of you" there.  Now when I go to that TOPIC on my page, there are only a few of the cards in that group and the rest are under "thinking of you" (or whatever) Category instead of the TOPIC/THEME category. How can I have them show up under that TOPIC I want them on my side banner? Can I make categories and put cards in them for my card page? I don't see any place to do that. I don't mind that they are in the other categories on the search, but on my page I would like them to all be together because they are a group.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Re: Question about categories
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2019, 12:34pm

Hi Judith,

Welcome to GCU!

GCU tried a 'gallery sub-category' setup in our stores, but it works very poorly, is no longer supported and not recommended. So no, there is no way for you to categorize your cards within your store.

As a veteran of the site, I can say that it really doesn't matter. If your keywords and meta-tag data are solid and you've followed all the reviewer's advice and instructions during the review of your cards, they will indeed be found- both onsite and off.

You can play with the sort order of your storefront and you can create up to 25 cards to be in a featured section of your storefront.  
This is a helpful article on the Community Blog explaining how to use these tools:
https://gcucommunity.com/2017/10/06/nuts-and-bolts-storefront-organization/

Good luck with your new store!

Email   IP Logged
Judith_484374
GCU Newbies

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2019, 5:52pm

That's too bad. If you do a collection IE: Beach it would be nice for them to appear together-for people who follow your store...not for the search engine.

Thx.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2019, 7:16pm

True, but if you're on spot with keywords and turn your keyword module on, they could click on that and see all your beach cards ... for example.

Quote from Judith_484374 on Aug 29th, 2019, 5:52pm:
That's too bad. If you do a collection IE: Beach it would be nice for them to appear together-for people who follow your store...not for the search engine.

Thx.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.