Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

UPDATE: Stock Card Creations - ONLINE TODAY (Read 5928 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

UPDATE: Stock Card Creations - ONLINE TODAY
Apr 25th, 2019, 2:21pm

We are pleased to announce that Stock Card Creations will be back online end of day today!

Here was the original post:  
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1546993651  

The tool now uses the new image library from Shutterstock offering millions of high quality stock images at no cost to GCU artists.  

NEW improvements to the tool / process:
1. HEX Code - there is now a hex code entry for the Border Color. This will assist artists in matching border and font colors with precision.  
2. Stock Image Id # - in Manage Cards, Stock Image cards have a new field "Stock Image Id" which helps relocate a specific image when needing to recreate/edit the image or create a new card with the same image.  
3. Return for Edits - the review team can now return a Stock Image card to the artist for edits. This will be a big time saver by not having to start the submission from scratch. The stock image will still need to be re-created if that is the reason for the return, but elements like meta-data, inside verse, etc. can be edited vs recreated.  

IMPORTANT FOR EXISTING STOCK IMAGE CARDS (BigStock):
GCU has identified which BS images are (matched) and which are not (unmatched) being offered in the new Shutterstock library.  

MATCHED:  If the image has a match ARTISTS DON'T NEED TO DO ANYTHING

UNMATCHED*:  If the image does not have a match - YOUR CARDS WILL BE RETURNED FOR EDITS TO YOU

*The process for UNMATCHED images, using the Return for Edits feature, allows the artist to choose a new stock image (Change Image in Manage Cards) from the new library that is close to or similar in theme to the original image and resubmit it without having to recreate the submission and all of the meta-data. This will preserve not only the card's PID# but valuable sales history and search engine indexing. If the new image you chose differs greatly from the original, please be sure to update your card meta-data (title, keywords, artist's notes, etc.) to reflect the differences.  

Other than that, it is pretty much business as usual. We have worked diligently to make this a smooth transition for artists and we thank you for your patience.  

If you notice anything odd with Stock Card Creations, please let us know on this posting.  

Many thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Anne_428508
GCU Newbies

Re: UPDATE: Stock Card Creations - ONLINE TODAY
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2019, 2:14pm

Hi, I'm glad the stock images function is back up  Smiley  

In trying to edit my first "unmatched" card, I went to "Manage Cards" then located an unmatched card, then clicked "Edit"  - but from there I do not see how to select a new stock image. The "Stock Image ID" field is not editable.  

Can you offer any help? Thank you

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2019, 2:39pm

Quote from Anne_428508 on Apr 26th, 2019, 2:14pm:
Hi, I'm glad the stock images function is back up  Smiley

In trying to edit my first "unmatched" card, I went to "Manage Cards" then located an unmatched card, then clicked "Edit"  - but from there I do not see how to select a new stock image. The "Stock Image ID" field is not editable.

Can you offer any help? Thank you

Hi Anne,

Click Change Image as you would for any standard card and it will bring you to the Stock Library instead.

Email   IP Logged
Anne_428508
GCU Newbies

Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2019, 2:48pm

Thank you -- I can see "change image" if I open up a non-BigStock card, but it is not there when I open a BigStock card that needs to be revised--maybe I need to use a different browser...

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_139193

Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2019, 3:37pm

Quote from Anne_428508 on Apr 26th, 2019, 2:48pm:
Thank you -- I can see "change image" if I open up a non-BigStock card, but it is not there when I open a BigStock card that needs to be revised--maybe I need to use a different browser...

Was the card Returned for Edits? If not, wait for GCU to do that. It may be what triggers the option to change the image.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #5 - Apr 26th, 2019, 3:47pm

Quote from Doreen_139193 on Apr 26th, 2019, 3:37pm:

Was the card Returned for Edits? If not, wait for GCU to do that. It may be what triggers the option to change the image.

Unmatched cards in need of new images will be moved to Returned for Edits status today.  In that status, your card should have an active Change Image link.

Email   IP Logged
Jay_134502
artist

Reply #6 - Apr 26th, 2019, 6:23pm

Quote from Mindy on Apr 26th, 2019, 3:47pm:
Quote from Doreen_139193 on Apr 26th, 2019, 3:37pm:

Unmatched cards in need of new images will be moved to Returned for Edits status today.  In that status, your card should have an active Change Image link.

Every card image we try to change takes us to the old BigStock page.  It says Shutterstock next to the search bar but won't find any search terms.  

Jay and Susan

Email   IP Logged
Jay_134502
artist

Reply #7 - Apr 26th, 2019, 6:28pm

https://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/bigstock/    This is the link our "change image" is taking us when we try to change the image.
We will try again tomorrow.
Jay and Susan Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #8 - Apr 26th, 2019, 6:34pm

Quote from Jay_134502 on Apr 26th, 2019, 6:28pm:
https://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/bigstock/    This is the link our "change image" is taking us when we try to change the image.
Jay and Susan Smiley

Hi,
Can you try a hard refresh / reload on the /Bigstock page?  Or close all windows and start again?  

The url you have shared above is the correct one.

If still no success please reply with which browser you are using and browser version.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #9 - Apr 26th, 2019, 6:50pm

Jay and Susan Smiley

We have identified an isolated server issue and are taking that server out of rotation so the problem should be corrected.  Please refresh the page. Let us know if the problem still exists.

Thank you for reporting the issue!

Email   IP Logged
Jay_134502
artist

Reply #10 - Apr 26th, 2019, 7:33pm

Quote from Mindy on Apr 26th, 2019, 6:50pm:
Jay and Susan Smiley

We have identified an isolated server issue and are taking that server out of rotation so the problem should be corrected.  Please refresh the page. Let us know if the problem still exists.

Mindy,
It's working now you Miracle Worker you!  
Thanks  
Jay and Susan

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #11 - Apr 29th, 2019, 9:46am

Great, good job folks! I'm in the middle of replacing my stock images now.

I am having quite a bit of trouble with the text on the front of the cards as well as editing the inside text. I'll post my troubles in the SUPPORT forum.

Thanks!
Cherie

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #12 - Apr 30th, 2019, 12:30pm

I had a little help  Wink

Quote from Jay_134502 on Apr 26th, 2019, 7:33pm:
Quote from Mindy on Apr 26th, 2019, 6:50pm:
Jay and Susan Smiley

Mindy,
It's working now you Miracle Worker you!
Thanks  
Jay and Susan

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #13 - May 6th, 2019, 1:01pm

Please see this helpful posting on the GCU Community blog loaded with tips about updating images on UNMATCHED cards:

https://gcucommunity.com/2019/05/03/nuts-and-bolts-stock-card-creations-unmatche
d-image-card-tips/

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.