Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Mixing Language? (Read 598 times)
Patricia_C_414228
GCU Newbies

Mixing Language?
Mar 25th, 2019, 5:38pm

As a Jewish person, I tend to use the phrase "Have a wonderful Pesach" as a greeting instead of the all English "Have a wonderful Passover." Kind of like using "Yom KIppur" or "Rosh Hashanah" with English. Is this use of "Pesach" and English allowed?

Also, while searching for examples, I found this beautiful card that uses Hebrew on the outside and English on the inside. Could I do something like this, (but with my own verse on the inside, obviously), https://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/holiday-cards/passover-pesach-cards/general -passover/purple-and-gold-passover-in-906486

Thank you!

« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2019, 7:28pm by Patricia_C_414228 »  
Email   IP Logged
Evelyn_142919
artist

Re: Mixing Language?
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2019, 10:15pm

Hi Patricia,
The rule on this has changed in the recent past. When I was doing my foreign language Christmas cards last fall, I was told I could not use foreign on the outside and English on the inside. They said if you don't want to put the same language on the inside as on the front, to leave the inside blank. Maybe someone else can add their experience on this, but this is what happened to me.  Wink
~ Evie

Email   IP Logged
Patricia_C_414228
GCU Newbies

Re: Mixing Language?
Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2019, 10:37am

Thank you Evie. I still hope someone can answer my first question, though as it is more important than my second. Most Jewish people say "Happy Pesach!" Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.