Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
PayPal alternatives in the future (Read 2822 times)
Jane_144775
Gold Member

Re: PayPal alternatives in the future
Reply #15 - Feb 1st, 2019, 8:18am

Has anyone received their PayPal payment for last quarter yet?  If checks went out yesterday then I would think our deposits into PayPal would have too.  I tried finding where it said the PayPal deposits would be made but can't find anything.  TIA and Happy Friday!  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Bruce_244612

Reply #16 - Feb 1st, 2019, 10:19am

Hi Jane,

I Received mine on January 30 through PayPal. I spent it already on something foolish.

Bruce

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #17 - Feb 1st, 2019, 5:01pm

We are following this thread and will remain alert to all businesses we partner with to make sure they have sound, safe, and fair practices.  

Echoing the majority of the artists here, we have not heard of these issues.

Sounds like it is part of this effort / policy by PayPal:
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/PayPal%E2%80%99s-Customer-Identifica tion-Program-(CIP)-and-its-benefits-FAQ734

Noting: Each country or region has specific CIP requirements

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #18 - Feb 2nd, 2019, 7:29am

Thank you, Mindy, for posting the CIP write-up. That makes sense to me and I for one support it. I've had my bank account and online accounts hacked before. I use Paypal because they have always had a more secure environment than many other options and running to the bank for me, is a 40-mile round trip.  

I see nothing in their request of ID that is unreasonable to secure my personal account. I have not been asked, as of yet anyway, for any of these pieces of identification, but understand and support the need in today's world.

Email   IP Logged
Stephie_426394
GCU Newbies

Reply #19 - Feb 2nd, 2019, 7:53am

PayPal is easily hacked. I've researched this. They've also sold our data to more than 600 companies!  I've used them for 15 years with no problems and not very large amounts annually passing through. Law enforcement is supposed to have a judge-issued warrant to invade your privacy when they suspect money laundering. I do not support the Patriot Act or CIP and look forward to when it's repealed. I won't support a company's casual requests for scans of my private documents. I've gotten more than 50 messages on Facebook claiming that this must be a hoax. This tells you how inappropriate CIP is.  I've got insurance against ID theft, but like most people, I'm not going to make it easy for thieves to duplicate my data. I am shocked when I read people say … oh just go along with it. I'd recommend you think twice before putting your private documents on the Internet. Just saying!  

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #20 - Feb 3rd, 2019, 7:50am

Cheesy

Never have had a problem with Paypal, in all my years using it! #thankful

THANKS for a great year and my last payment GCU! Here's to a successful year to everyone!

Cherie

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #21 - Feb 4th, 2019, 10:33am

Greetings!

This isn't regarding the PayPal issue that was raised, but I want to mention that I've been getting checks from GCU for over 10 years now.  They're always for the correct amount and I usually get them about 2 days after they're sent out.  I've been very happy with getting my payments this way and would recommend checks to anyone who has concerns about PayPal.

Just my 1-cent.  Wink

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #22 - Feb 5th, 2019, 7:09am

Quote from Penny_134243 on Feb 4th, 2019, 10:33am:
Greetings!

This isn't regarding the PayPal issue that was raised, but I want to mention that I've been getting checks from GCU for over 10 years now.  They're always for the correct amount and I usually get them about 2 days after they're sent out.  I've been very happy with getting my payments this way and would recommend checks to anyone who has concerns about PayPal.

Just my 1-cent.  Wink

Penny Smiley

WISH WE HAD 'LIKE' BUTTONS OR 'LAUGHING' BUTTONS PENNY!!
 Grin

Email   IP Logged
Stephie_426394
GCU Newbies

Reply #23 - Feb 5th, 2019, 7:15am

That's what I thought too, Cherie. I wanted to LIKE that comment about checks … so glad I switched to that. Probably when they reconfigure the Internet for increased security, which they are doing now I've heard, money can go directly to someone's account without the middle men who sell your data. The Internet sort of grew up before e-commerce was a thing, so that's why it's a bit dicey out there still.

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #24 - Feb 5th, 2019, 12:47pm

Grin

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.