Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

OFFLINE: Stock Card Creations Update (BigStock) (Read 3117 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

OFFLINE: Stock Card Creations Update (BigStock)
Jan 8th, 2019, 4:27pm

Effective immediately, GCU’s Stock Card Creations Service (BigStock) is temporarily unavailable. Shutterstock, the parent company of BigStock, is in the process of modifying the terms of service for content licensing partners like GCU. This will entail a different library of images for GCU artists to access.  

Stock Card Creations is being modified to use the different library of images from Shutterstock (vs BigStock).  Stock images for approximately 1/3 of the approved Bigstock cards on GCU will be available in the new Shutterstock library, and will automatically be adjusted accordingly with no action required by the artist. The balance of the approved BigStock cards will need to be modified by the artist to use a new image, otherwise the cards will be taken offline. We are currently making enhancements to the creation tool to make this transition relatively easy for artists.  

We expect the updated Stock Card Creations to be available in February.  Thank you for your patience, and please follow this post for updates.  

GCU has appreciated the value of Stock Card Creations for our artist community to create quick, creative works with no cost high quality images and we look forward to continuing to do so.

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Re: OFFLINE: Stock Card Creations Update (BigStock
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2019, 11:44am

Thank you for the update, Mindy. The ability to access BigStock images to use for our cards has been a wonderful thing! Thanks so much for giving us the opportunity to have this great tool!
I do hope that one of my cards done with a BigStock image remains the same as it has been a steady seller for 4 years! But, if it needs to be modified, so be it. I wouldn't have had those sales in the first place if it weren't for the collaboration with BigStock! Thanks again! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2019, 1:21pm

Quote from Betsy_145102 on Jan 9th, 2019, 11:44am:
Thank you for the update, Mindy. The ability to access BigStock images to use for our cards has been a wonderful thing! Thanks so much for giving us the opportunity to have this great tool!
I do hope that one of my cards done with a BigStock image remains the same as it has been a steady seller for 4 years! But, if it needs to be modified, so be it. I wouldn't have had those sales in the first place if it weren't for the collaboration with BigStock! Thanks again! Smiley

Our intent is to make it easy for artists to identify which cards need updating and which do not.  Stay tuned and fingers crossed!

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2019, 7:21pm

Hey there fellow artists -  

As someone who has a store with only stock image creations here at GCU, I've done the following in preparation after reading Mindy's post here on the 8th to help me should any of mine be taken offline.  

1- I have 'saved' through right clicking the card front and then the inside verse as image files and done this for every card. This gives me a visual reference of text layout, color choices, and of course the message of the card. It will help me to find a replacement that may suit the feel and tone of the card.

2- I have a spreadsheet (already had this) listing every card I've created to date using the stock images. Here I keep my meta-tag data so I don't have to recreate it, as well as the PID and original stock number and category choice.

Should any of you wish to save your stock cards, these tips may help you to at least recreate something very similar should you need to when the time comes. Smiley

https://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/exclusivecreations

« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2019, 3:22pm by Doreen_137017 »  
Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2019, 1:56pm

Doreen,
 Thank you so much! As usual you are a wealth of advice for all of us! I so appreciate the way you share the detailed steps you take to make everything organized and easy, steps we may not have thought of or not known how to do.
Happy New Year to you!
Betsy

Email   IP Logged
Mindy_artist
artist

Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2019, 6:03pm

Just an update.  

We are getting close to making the Stock Card Creations service and new image library back online.  

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #6 - Apr 25th, 2019, 2:23pm

Please see update of Stock Card Creations here:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1556227309

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.