Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Design Challenge Feedback Please (Read 1781 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Design Challenge Feedback Please
Nov 16th, 2018, 4:25pm

As we come to the year’s end and the final Design Challenge of 2018, we look forward to the Founders’ Choice Awards which is a time for GCU to look back on all of the amazing card submission of 2018.

GCU runs the Design Challenge every month with each challenge having a different theme. It is a great source of new card designs for GCU, a fun opportunity for artists to challenge themselves and design outside of their norm, and inspiration for artists looking for new ideas.

Heading into 2019, GCU would love to see more artists enter the challenge each month as well as see more artists enter for the first time.

We’d like to get artists’ feedback and suggestions on how to improve the Design Challenges for 2019.  
- How can GCU make the challenges more interesting, easier to enter?  
- Would you like more time, better rewards, input on themes, better communications or reminders to enter, etc.?

By 12/15, please share your feedback in this post below or if you’d like to send them privately please send an email titled “Design Challenge Feedback” to mindy@greetingcarduniverse.com.

This request is also posted here on GCU's Community Blog:
https://gcucommunity.com/2018/11/16/nuts-and-bolts-design-challenge-feedback/

Email   IP Logged
Patricia_C_414228
GCU Newbies

Re: Design Challenge Feedback Please
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2018, 3:49pm

I never seem to hear about them until it's too late for me to even think about them, so I guess more lead time would make entering more of a possibility for me, at least. Actually, I didn't even know we had these consistently until this call for feedback!

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2018, 4:45pm

Hi Patricia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our call for input. Would you mind giving us a bit more input on being notified of challenges as a way to help us understand who all we are reaching in our artist community?

Do you have your forum notifications set to receive GCU News & Announcements?  

Have you signed up to receive new blog posts on the GCU Community Artists Blog?

Knowing that the design challenges have run from the 1st to the last day of each month, which of the following would work best for you?

- Challenges every two months rather than every month.

- A board on the forum home page ONLY for Challenge announcements, reminders, etc.  

- Email notifications when each new challenge opens on the first of each month.

Really appreciate hearing from you!

Doreen

Quote from Patricia_C_414228 on Nov 17th, 2018, 3:49pm:
I never seem to hear about them until it's too late for me to even think about them, so I guess more lead time would make entering more of a possibility for me, at least. Actually, I didn't even know we had these consistently until this call for feedback!

Email   IP Logged
Sharon_437040
GCU Newbies

Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2018, 6:43am

I’ve never entered because I thought they could only be created using Big Stock images. Being a stock photographer myself, I like to use only my own work. That being said, I just looked up the latest challenge and I didn’t see anything other than it had to be a new design. I’m not sure if something changed or if misread something in the past. I will definitely participate if that is the case!

Also, I think if emails were sent out directly to artists, we would have a better chance of seeing it. I get some forum notifications but they seem to be incosinstant.

Sharon Dominick Photography Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/sdominick
Email   IP Logged
Patricia_C_414228
GCU Newbies

Reply #4 - Nov 18th, 2018, 7:25am

Hi Doreen,

I really am not sure if I have blog notifications enabled or not. Is that default? I think an email blast to artists would be more helpful, though. Blog reading is usually low priority.

I do have forum updates enabled; that's how I saw the original post for this thread. Is that what you mean?

All three of your suggestions have merit. Two months might give people more time to be creative given the rest of their workloads and having both email and dedicated forum are perfect solutions that can be interwoven.

Thank you for asking and listening!

Patricia

[quote author=Doreen_137017 link=1542414325/0#2 date=1542501921]Hi Patricia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our call for input. Would you mind giving us a bit more input on being notified of challenges as a way to help us understand who all we are reaching in our artist community?

Knowing that the design challenges have run from the 1st to the last day of each month, which of the following would work best for you?

- A board on the forum home page ONLY for Challenge announcements, reminders, etc.  

Doreen

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Nov 18th, 2018, 7:37am

Thank you, Patricia, for taking the time. Very helpful. Smiley

[quote author=Patricia_C_414228 link=1542414325/0#4 date=1542554736]

Hi Doreen,

I really am not sure if I have blog notifications enabled or not. Is that default? I think an email blast to artists would be more helpful, though. Blog reading is usually low priority.

I do have forum updates enabled; that's how I saw the original post for this thread. Is that what you mean?

All three of your suggestions have merit. Two months might give people more time to be creative given the rest of their workloads and having both email and dedicated forum are perfect solutions that can be interwoven.

Thank you for asking and listening!

Patricia

Quote from Doreen_137017 on Nov 17th, 2018, 4:45pm:
Hi Patricia,

Doreen

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2018, 7:43am

Hello, Sharon - Yes, please do participate!  

For a couple of years now we've alternated months between Big Stock only and Designer challenges in the hopes it would open the challenges up to more participants. You most likely tuned in for the first time during a BS Challenge month.  

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback. I do understand. Emails tend to capture my attention quicker than forum notifications, too.

Quote from Sharon_437040 on Nov 18th, 2018, 6:43am:
I’ve never entered because I thought they could only be created using Big Stock images. Being a stock photographer myself, I like to use only my own work. That being said, I just looked up the latest challenge and I didn’t see anything other than it had to be a new design. I’m not sure if something changed or if misread something in the past. I will definitely participate if that is the case!

Also, I think if emails were sent out directly to artists, we would have a better chance of seeing it. I get some forum notifications but they seem to be incosinstant.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #7 - Dec 18th, 2018, 4:06pm

hello,
Taking notes here.  Any other comments before we close out this feedback request?

Thank you!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.