Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

3 x image use rule for some of my cards (Read 1451 times)
Lisa_131794
GCU Newbies
artist

3 x image use rule for some of my cards
Oct 23rd, 2018, 9:26am

Hi GCU Support team, Lisa Lorenz here. Smiley   I am not sure if this is where I should address my question?  
I noticed in my store (which I opened back in 2007) that many of my best selling floral/vase cards were only used 1 time in 1 category.   For example my FunkyTown card Product Id: 78771, Pansy Parade birthday ID 78751,  Tulip Tranquility Product ID: 78757, and many more like these cards are good sellers for me and showing in only 1 category.  At the time of creation of my store,  I  did not use the 3x image rule (like I do today) for my fine art painting cards.   Some of my cards are a thank you or a birthday card only.   I feel a need to add the extra 2 categories to my cards to increase  exposure.  My concern is that many people when ordering cards, might feel that one of my Floral Cards like FunkyTown as a thank you card only, might want to be ordered also for birthday or a blank card and will not see any other category for the card or possibly not know how to edit with own text or remove the specific text before ordering.   I am particularly concerned for new customers to my cards.  I know some people just want to click on a specific card and add to their cart.    Many of my customers are frequent visitors/users to GCU and know how to edit text before adding to their cart.     I am planning on going thru my floral/vase cards over the next days/week and making sure that I have the 3 x image rule for my floral/vase cards) and I was wondering if I should write to the review team before informing them I will be doing this or just proceed? I know how busy they are. I would appreciate any advice.  Many thanks for your help, Lisa Lorenz    

Email   IP Logged
Patricia_C_414228
GCU Newbies

Re: 3 x image use rule for some of my cards
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2018, 9:45am

Where do I find out what this even means? (3X image rule, that is.)

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_131794
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2018, 9:48am

Quote from Patricia_C_414228 on Oct 23rd, 2018, 9:45am:
Where do I find out what this even means? (3X image rule, that is.)

you can find all informative information for GCU for artists at the GCU Wiki.  http://www.gcuwiki.com/ watch Image guidelines: Important for artists:   http://www.gcuwiki.com/ig.html  you can also watch videos there of important things.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2018, 9:51am

Hi Lisa and Patricia - Every artist should have a link to this PDF for reference, though it's several years old, most guidelines are still accurate and included:

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/images/gcu/gcu_card_submission101.pdf

Here is how it defines the 3x's rule which is very clearly broken down on the 1st page of this document.

Hope it helps answer both your questions. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Patricia_C_414228
GCU Newbies

Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2018, 9:57am

Thanks for all the useful links! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_131794
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #5 - Oct 23rd, 2018, 9:58am

Hi Doreen, thanks for the link. Great info.   I found on the wiki too and watched a good video.  going to do some adjustments but just wanted to know if I go ahead or advise R.Team.  thanks

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Oct 23rd, 2018, 10:41am

Quote from Lisa_131794 on Oct 23rd, 2018, 9:58am:
Hi Doreen, thanks for the link. Great info.   I found on the wiki too and watched a good video.  going to do some adjustments but just wanted to know if I go ahead or advise R.Team.  thanks

While updating meta-tag data and giving old cards fast lifts last year, I too found situations where I made only one card. I simply created additional submissions (following the 3x's rule) and added in my notes to reviewer field something like ...
 "Leveraging designs based on previously approved PID XXXX - this is the 2nd use of this card front." Same note for the third use: "3rd and final use of this card front."

Hope that helps and if I were you, as long as you follow the 3x's guideline and offer complete info to the review team, you should be okay to move forward.

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_131794
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #7 - Oct 23rd, 2018, 11:48am

Thanks so much Doreen, really appreciate you taking the time to provide your great experience and notes as example. I will proceed like you did.  Makes great sense. you have beautiful cards and gallery too.  wishing you a great day,  Smiley   Lisa

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Oct 23rd, 2018, 12:02pm

Ah, thank you, Lisa. I've always been a fan of your wonderfully colorful cards. They draw me in to a bright and beautiful world.  Smiley

Good luck!  

Quote from Lisa_131794 on Oct 23rd, 2018, 11:48am:
Thanks so much Doreen, really appreciate you taking the time to provide your great experience and notes as example. I will proceed like you did.  Makes great sense. you have beautiful cards and gallery too.  wishing you a great day,  Smiley   Lisa

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.