Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Permission To Use Trademarked Image (Read 664 times)
Jacqueline_435852
GCU Newbies

Permission To Use Trademarked Image
Jun 25th, 2018, 8:13am

Good Morning (EST),
I have recently received official permission to use a Military Branch Insignia.
The permission was received via email.
When that (those) cards are submitted what information should be supplied to the Reviewer?
(There is no place to link to.)

Thanks,
Jackie

Simply Florida and then some:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/jas
Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Re: Permission To Use Trademarked Image
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2018, 9:59am

Before you even submit the cards, you should send that email to the review team - military insignia use for commercial personal profit are a real no, no on all sites. So, it will depend on WHO gave you permission and exactly WHAT the permission was for I'm sure.

In other words, receiving permission to use a military insignia for a PRIVATE customer requested greeting is often acceptable because it's not in the public marketplace for anyone to purchase. I'm not speaking on behalf of GCU only as an artist who has worked with and sold on POD sites like GCU for almost 10-years. The only difference is that GCU stops trademark issues at the submission door, whereas most of PODs will at some point terminate the product(s) you've created once someone finds them and reports them.

So, start by sending a note to: cardreview@greetingcarduniverse.com explaining your request and including the permission - go from there. Then you are not wasting your time or theirs.  That's what I would do, anyway. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: Permission To Use Trademarked Image
Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2018, 5:14pm

thank you, Doreen.  That is very prudent advice.  

Jackie, we are happy to give what you forward a look see on Military Insignia IP permission.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.