Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

I Guess it Doesn't Matter (Read 1702 times)
Angela_134247
Gold Member
artist

I Guess it Doesn't Matter
Mar 24th, 2018, 6:43pm

I guess it doesn't matter that I've made thousands of dollars for this site. In the last month I've had over half of my 2000+ cards declined, many of them great sellers with professional images. This is VERY frustrating. I understand the ones returned for grammatical errors, and yes, I can understand some of the ones with older-style photo frames, etc, but wow.  

I am very saddened by this. So goes a six-year partnership.  

ETA: Yes, many of the cards I've sold HUNDREDS of over the years, and some are still best-sellers. This makes no sense whatsoever.

Email   IP Logged
Card_Review_Team
artist

Re: I Guess it Doesn't Matter
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2018, 8:07am

Angela,

GCU encourages artists who feel that a card shouldn't be declined to contact us at cardreview@greetingcarduniverse.com with the PID. Please also see http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1421879451

Regards,
Reviewer 443  
Phoebe  

Quote from Angela_134247 on Mar 24th, 2018, 6:43pm:
I guess it doesn't matter that I've made thousands of dollars for this site. In the last month I've had over half of my 2000+ cards declined, many of them great sellers with professional images. This is VERY frustrating. I understand the ones returned for grammatical errors, and yes, I can understand some of the ones with older-style photo frames, etc, but wow.

I am very saddened by this. So goes a six-year partnership.

ETA: Yes, many of the cards I've sold HUNDREDS of over the years, and some are still best-sellers. This makes no sense whatsoever.

Email   IP Logged
Angela_134247
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2018, 9:31am

Frankly, I don't have the time to sort through hundreds, yes HUNDREDS of cards. I may be able to get through a few of them. It's the principle that many of the cards are crystal clear photographs.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2018, 3:19pm

Quote from Angela_134247 on Mar 26th, 2018, 9:31am:
Frankly, I don't have the time to sort through hundreds, yes HUNDREDS of cards. I may be able to get through a few of them. It's the principle that many of the cards are crystal clear photographs.

You can take a quick pass to identify your top selling cards by looking at the Store Report, Top Selling cards and set the date range starting back to 1/1/15:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/gcu_stats.asp#

The first indicator we'll look at when re-considering a declined card is Substantial sales (100+).  After that we look for frequency, recency and relevancy.  

Hopefully this will give you a quick way to id which cards to submit for reconsideration.

Email   IP Logged
Gail_137747
artist

Reply #4 - Mar 26th, 2018, 4:20pm

Angela's situation is a good example for letting the reviewers have access to sales reports.  embarrassed

Email   IP Logged
Angela_134247
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Mar 26th, 2018, 4:40pm

Quote from Gail_137747 on Mar 26th, 2018, 4:20pm:
Angela's situation is a good example for letting the reviewers have access to sales reports.  embarrassed

Exactly!

Email   IP Logged
Angela_134247
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Mar 26th, 2018, 4:47pm

Quote from Mindy on Mar 26th, 2018, 3:19pm:

You can take a quick pass to identify your top selling cards by looking at the Store Report, Top Selling cards and set the date range starting back to 1/1/15:

The first indicator we'll look at when re-considering a declined card is Substantial sales (100+).  After that we look for frequency, recency and relevancy.

Hopefully this will give you a quick way to id which cards to submit for reconsideration.

Mindy, I can't look up cards that are declined now with this method. They don't show up in the store report.  

Email   IP Logged
Angela_134247
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Mar 27th, 2018, 6:23am

I sent a list of all the cards that have sold more than 100. It took me quite a while to comply. The craziest one was a card that has sold over 3000 copies, folks.

Email   IP Logged
Stacia_208183
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Mar 29th, 2018, 5:36am

Quote from Mindy on Mar 26th, 2018, 3:19pm:

Would you please remind us about the meaning of the term "relevancy"? Does it mean that the card's text fits the category or that the design is meaningful to current shoppers, or  . . . ? Thanks!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.