Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Signature On Card Front (Read 1962 times)
Jacqueline_435852
GCU Newbies

Signature On Card Front
Mar 17th, 2018, 6:56pm

Hi!
I see that there are old posts (from 2013) about signatures on cards.  Does GCU allow them?

Simply Florida and then some:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/jas
Email   IP Logged
Stephie_426394
GCU Newbies

Re: Signature On Card Front
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2018, 7:38pm

They allow them, but generally think it is a distraction from the design work. You can add your signature to the back of the card, which is what I do.  

Email   IP Logged
Judith_484374
GCU Newbies

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2019, 4:16am

Interestingly my most popular design has a signature on front. So go figure!

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2019, 7:29am

I signed all my cards when I started at GCU MANY years ago and a year later stopped signing the front,  replaced the old cards with versions that had no signature and my sales began to sky rocket. When was the last time you saw a signature on the front of a card you purchased in a Hallmark store or from the greeting card aisle of a department store?

Fine art cards are signed and expected to be signed. GCU is not a place for fine art greeting cards. They are an any and all occasion online greeting card company. Few artists tend to have a pleasing signature - and - place it in a non-obtrusive location.

So, the choice is still yours, but if the reviewers feel it is distracting, you'll be asked to consider removal.  

Hope that helps!  Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.