Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

This isn't worth it! (Read 1205 times)
ken_142391
GCU Newbies
artist

This isn't worth it!
Mar 11th, 2018, 6:14pm

You just rejected my biggest selling card (along with a hundred others. And it's still going). I'm positive it's no coincidence that I recently complained you hadn't paid me. This place doesn't pay near enough per sale to care. Please close my account and forward me any money owed. And no, I'll not be sending any future customers here. In fact, I'll make an effort to warn against it. And I'll also be watching to see if any of my cards "pop" up in the near future.

Email   IP Logged
Sandra_137209
artist

Re: This isn't worth it!
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2018, 4:41am

If there was a like button ...

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2018, 3:22pm

Quote from ken_142391 on Mar 11th, 2018, 6:14pm:
You just rejected my biggest selling card (along with a hundred others. And it's still going). I'm positive it's no coincidence that I recently complained you hadn't paid me. This place doesn't pay near enough per sale to care. Please close my account and forward me any money owed. And no, I'll not be sending any future customers here. In fact, I'll make an effort to warn against it. And I'll also be watching to see if any of my cards "pop" up in the near future.

The re-review of storefronts began in 2012, details here:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1421879451

The key take aways being:
1. do not be surprised if your older cards are being declined or returned for edits    
2. read the comments in your decline or return email and be sure to refer to the Submission Guidelines for details  
3. we urge artists to do some weeding of their own - weed before we do!  
4. reviewers do not have access to sales data so if you feel a strong selling card has been declined simply send the card review team an email for reconsideration and it will be forwarded to me.  Strong sales = substantial, recent, frequent and relevant  

Per #4, you have the opportunity to request a reconsideration on a declined card you feel is a strong seller.  

GCU by no means punishes artists for asking a question.  I do not find any record of you asking about your store payments.  If you'd like to be more specific on how you submitted your question or complaint I am interested in tracking it down to see if something was overlooked.  I do see that you have a Paypal payment pending since 10/1/17 so GCU has sent your earnings based on the Paypal information in your GCU artist account.  

As it appears that you have closed your store, GCU will send a final payment of any outstanding earnings.  I fear however they may sit pending as your prior payment so please be sure to confirm your Paypal information in your GCU account.  

Rest assured, when a storefront is closed, all cards from the storefront are taken offline.  Please note it can take up to 48 hours to be removed from all of our servers.  

Email   IP Logged
ken_142391
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2018, 8:29am

Quote from Mindy on Mar 12th, 2018, 3:22pm:
1. do not be surprised if your older cards are being declined or returned for edits  
2. read the comments in your decline or return email and be sure to refer to the Submission Guidelines for details  
4. reviewers do not have access to sales data so if you feel a strong selling card has been declined simply send the card review team an email for reconsideration and it will be forwarded to me.  Strong sales = substantial, recent, frequent and relevant

None of this effort is worth the pittance you now offer per sale.

As it appears that you have closed your store, GCU will send a final payment of any outstanding earnings.  I fear however they may sit pending as your prior payment so please be sure to confirm your Paypal information in your GCU account.

As per the email conversation with your staff, I did correct the PayPal address on my account and informed your people of the correction. I have these emails saved. If that isn't enough to ensure payment, than I don't know what else is short of getting someone else involved. Failure to inform one of your clients that you owe them money and cannot get payment to them is fraudulent, and it does not speak well of your business. Get me the money you owe me ASAP!

Rest assured, when a storefront is closed, all cards from the storefront are taken offline.  Please note it can take up to 48 hours to be removed from all of our servers.

I have seen blatant copies of cards on this site before. Funny your staff should put forth so much effort toward quality and yet very little to thwart this sort of behavior.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #4 - Mar 13th, 2018, 1:19pm

Quote from ken_142391 on Mar 13th, 2018, 8:29am:

None of this effort is worth the pittance you now offer per sale.

As per the email conversation with your staff, I did correct the PayPal address on my account and informed your people of the correction. I have these emails saved. If that isn't enough to ensure payment, than I don't know what else is short of getting someone else involved. Failure to inform one of your clients that you owe them money and cannot get payment to them is fraudulent, and it does not speak well of your business. Get me the money you owe me ASAP!

I have seen blatant copies of cards on this site before. Funny your staff should put forth so much effort toward quality and yet very little to thwart this sort of behavior.

Hi Ken,
Certainly up to each artist how much effort they are willing to put forth on our site.  GCU is not for everyone.  

GCU by no means withholds earnings from artists.  We love to pay our artists!  If there has been an oversight or complication in processing your Paypal payment I again apologize and am happy to help you resolve it asap.  Please let me know who from our staff by name you communicated with via email and feel free to forward any of the emails to me so I can assist (mindy@greetingcarduniverse.com).  We're a pretty small team so it should not be too complicated to resolve.  

Lastly, regarding blatant copies of cards on our site. Our review team does their best due diligence to protect others IP rights.  We also have an open policy for our community to report possible creative works misuse via the Report Abuse@greetingcarduniverse.com channel, so if there are cards to report we appreciate your assistance.  

The following is communicated in our Artist FAQ:
Q34:      What should I do if another artist is misusing my original creative works?
A34:      GCUniverse will not tolerate the copying of another artist's creative work and enforces this policy in order to prevent such misuse, which includes images/art and verses. All GCUniverse artists have agreed to and accepted in the Terms & Conditions that they have or own the rights to use and sell all images/art and verse they submit.

Granted there may often be similar ideas and concepts, even verses, however at no time should an artist's cards be a clear "copy cat" of another's image/art or unique verse. GCUniverse has the right, and will upon our discretion terminate an artist from GCU and their use of our site and services.  

To report misuse of your creative works please send an email to:  
reportabuse@greetingcarduniverse.com

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.