Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Photo Card Placeholder Images - call for additions (Read 1882 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Photo Card Placeholder Images - call for additions
Feb 22nd, 2018, 6:13pm

GCU offers a variety of high quality stock images to be used as placeholders in your Photo Cards.  The purpose of these is to help shoppers visualize what the finished card will look like.  Artists should choose a placeholder image that is suited to the occasion and design of the card which often takes age, gender, ethnicity, and other factors into consideration.

GCU will consider the addition of new placeholder images to update the current offerings.  Please reply here the area / subject matter that you have experienced is currently not being served.  Please note not all requests can be met but we will do our best.  

Currently we have plans to add:
Black & White photos of Seniors (individual & couple)

We will close the requests on 4/1 so please get your wish list in before then.  

Thank you for your input!  Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
Ramelle_149580
Gold Member
artist

Re: Photo Card Placeholder Images - call for addit
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2018, 9:16pm

Please give us more space around the placeholders. Many of the existing placeholders do not have enough room around the image to adjust the placement adequately. Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Robin_221671
GCU Newbies

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2018, 7:00am

Hi Mindy, thanks for considering this addition  

I'd love to see a few more "sets" of placeholders, if that makes sense. For instance, when I create a card that has two or more photo slots, sometimes it's hard to find photos that appear to go together. I'd love to see a family photo along with separate photo(s) of the kids from that family. Or a photo of just the kids together, along with individual photos of the same kids.

Thanks!  
Robin

Email   IP Logged
Liz_133634
artist

Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2018, 7:44am

These are great suggestions so far.  I'd like to see more individual children and baby pics and new, more trendy pics of couples, casual and wedding.  I'd also like to see more in the portrait orientation.

Thanks for letting us share our wish list, Mindy!

Email   IP Logged
Sandra_133229
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2018, 11:51am

Ramelle and Robin have both suggested things that I find a need for as well. Sometimes the images are too close up and leave little room for adjustments. Also the pairs is a great idea. Family photo then children separate that look like they could belong - even if they are not the same children.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Feb 23rd, 2018, 12:54pm

I add my vote for the addition of:

Kid photos that look like they could be related to the great selection of family photos we currently offer for multi-photo cards. There is a strong and varied collection of family shots - we just need some kids that match enough to look like part of those families.

This will also fill the need for single kids of various ages without a theme, additional kids or pets in the photo.

My addition request(s):

- Wedding couples, same couple in both horz and vert format - maybe two additional choices as there is only one couple now.

- Sports themed kids. We only have the soccer girl and boy. Baseball and football additions both peewee and high school would be helpful for coach/Father's Day/team photo cards.

- Landscape portraits of graduate age students. Most of what is offered currently are vertical orientation. So either horizontal version to pair with existing male and female students or the addition of male and female landscape orientation.

- Vertical gay and lesbian couples. Currently only offered - and if possible - a photo of middle-age or senior-age same sex couples.  

That's all I can think of at the moment. Thank you for the opportunity to voice our suggestions, Mindy!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #6 - Feb 23rd, 2018, 2:43pm

Quote from Ramelle_149580 on Feb 22nd, 2018, 9:16pm:
Please give us more space around the placeholders. Many of the existing placeholders do not have enough room around the image to adjust the placement adequately. Thanks!

So more background around the person/people?  

Email   IP Logged
Sandra_133229
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Feb 23rd, 2018, 3:00pm

Yes, Mindy, more background around the people is what I feel like we need. Maybe Ramelle will verify that is what she is referring to also.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #8 - Feb 23rd, 2018, 6:03pm

Quote from Sandra_133229 on Feb 23rd, 2018, 3:00pm:
Yes, Mindy, more background around the people is what I feel like we need. Maybe Ramelle will verify that is what she is referring to also.

Got it. Thank you for the clarification.

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #9 - Mar 3rd, 2018, 4:05pm

Great ideas!

I'd like to see more people with pets. Not too close up too!

Thanks for helping us Mindy and GCU gang!

Cherie

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #10 - Mar 27th, 2018, 2:01pm

Any other special requests, please post here by 4/1/18.  Thank you!   Cheesy

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.