You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
Browsing (Read 2647 times)
Christine_183486
GCU Newbies
artist

Browsing
Feb 13th, 2018, 1:10am

When browsing cards I think it would be an improvement if one could choose 'next page' (or similar) from the bottom of the list displayed as well as from the top.  It would make for an easier browsing experience.

Email   IP Logged
Bruce_244612

Re: Browsing
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2018, 9:32am

Hi Christine,  

I second that! And I'd love to be able to plug in a page number and go to that page instead of thumbing through 5 pages at a time.  

Shaun, is that something doable?

Thanks, Bruce

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2018, 9:44am

Quote from Christine_183486 on Feb 13th, 2018, 1:10am:
When browsing cards I think it would be an improvement if one could choose 'next page' (or similar) from the bottom of the list displayed as well as from the top.  It would make for an easier browsing experience.

Where are you, Christine? I found that in both my public storefront and my Manage cards area, this 'next page' is already both on top and bottom. And is already on the top and bottom of public marketplace pages when browsing the categories.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2018, 9:47am

Same question here, Bruce.

Click on the page number in either your Manage cards area or public marketplace and storefront to get to that page - or - change the page number in the URL - these all exist and work.

Quote from Bruce_244612 on Feb 13th, 2018, 9:32am:
Hi Christine,

I second that! And I'd love to be able to plug in a page number and go to that page instead of thumbing through 5 pages at a time.

Shaun, is that something doable?

Thanks, Bruce

Email   IP Logged
Bruce_244612

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2018, 10:07am

Hi Doreen,

I don't mean to be dense but in both the "Manage Cards" area and my storefront I do have options like "go to page 1-5", "Next" and "Last" at top and bottom of the sections. No problem, but if I wanted to go to page 18, say, I have to jump 5 pages at a time till I get there. Am I still missing something?  

My brain doesn't work well with a heavy lunch.

b

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2018, 10:17am

Quote from Bruce_244612 on Feb 13th, 2018, 10:07am:
Hi Doreen,

I don't mean to be dense but in both the "Manage Cards" area and my storefront I do have options like "go to page 1-5", "Next" and "Last" at top and bottom of the sections. No problem, but if I wanted to go to page 18, say, I have to jump 5 pages at a time till I get there. Am I still missing something?

My brain doesn't work well with a heavy lunch.

b

Nope, your brain is working just fine. Smiley  Then when you go to page 5, rather than clicking next for another five pages - go to the top where the URL sits in your browser and change the 5 to 18, hit the enter key. Works for me.

Email   IP Logged
Bruce_244612

Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2018, 10:21am

Hi Doreen,

Got it now, thanks!  Kinda a backdoor in I gather.

Another question while I'm humming... Is there any way to see all my images at once rather than a page at a time?

Thanks again!

Bruce

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Feb 13th, 2018, 10:41am

It is a backdoor way to get farther down the line, but how often do we really need to go to page 24? Smiley

See all your images ... you mean in the upload area or manage cards?  I never keep more than 25 or 50 images in my image gallery as it simply isn't necessary for me.

In the manage cards area, well tile view gets you 100 per page and if you were to load any more than that on one screen, my guess is you'd be complaining at the lack of responsiveness of the page at that point. I've done 200 on another site and it was a waste of time due to slowness. You spend more time waiting to load the images than you do turning the page.  Grin

I'm only offering my own findings to these questions, so I'm not speaking for GCU - there may be a way I don't know about.

Email   IP Logged
Bruce_244612

Reply #8 - Feb 13th, 2018, 10:58am

Hi Doreen,

Thanks for taking the time with me. What I'm up against is I have about 1800 images and I'm going back through years old artwork, redoing some as cards, and uploading.  But I'm having trouble telling whether or not  I've already got them as GCU cards without going through a page at a time.

If there were just some way to tell if you had doubles.  I have a search program that pulls duplicates out of all my own personal files but I can't look for dupes on GCU.

Anyway, thanks for all the conversation and help.

b

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Feb 13th, 2018, 11:43am

I get it - I had to do the same thing. I found that keywords worked reasonably well for me in that situation.

Good luck, Bruce. It's a worthwhile project, albeit no doubt tedious. Smiley

Quote from Bruce_244612 on Feb 13th, 2018, 10:58am:
Hi Doreen,

Thanks for taking the time with me. What I'm up against is I have about 1800 images and I'm going back through years old artwork, redoing some as cards, and uploading.  But I'm having trouble telling whether or not  I've already got them as GCU cards without going through a page at a time.

If there were just some way to tell if you had doubles.  I have a search program that pulls duplicates out of all my own personal files but I can't look for dupes on GCU.

Anyway, thanks for all the conversation and help.

b

Email   IP Logged
Christine_183486
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #10 - Feb 13th, 2018, 12:35pm

I am in uk.  I use an iPad.  I do not have any next page option at the bottom of my screen when browsing cards.

Email   IP Logged
Christine_183486
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #11 - Feb 13th, 2018, 12:37pm

I have to scroll back up to choose next page.

Email   IP Logged
Christine_183486
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #12 - Feb 13th, 2018, 12:44pm

I see what you mean. I am talking about if you search on e.g.: Easter  and get lots of results to scroll through. When in my store, as you say, I do have the facility.   I am thinking mainly about the customers benefit rather than my own.

Email   IP Logged
Stacia_208183
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Mar 4th, 2018, 6:15am

Quote from Christine_183486 on Feb 13th, 2018, 12:37pm:

I seem to recall having this problem with GCU searches (but not normal browsing) on my desktop, but I just tried again it this morning, and I am seeing the same options at the bottom of the page now as the top! Yay! Maybe it's just a problem with the iPad app.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #14 - Mar 13th, 2018, 1:38pm

Quote from Stacia_208183 on Mar 4th, 2018, 6:15am:
Quote from Christine_183486 on Feb 13th, 2018, 12:37pm:

I seem to recall having this problem with GCU searches (but not normal browsing) on my desktop, but I just tried again it this morning, and I am seeing the same options at the bottom of the page now as the top! Yay! Maybe it's just a problem with the iPad app.

Hi!

The upper and lower page pagination is present when shopping via both onsite search terms and categories.  Temporarily the lower pagination was absent via onsite search terms but this has been corrected.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.