Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Violent card? (Read 842 times)
LD_131511
artist

Violent card?
Feb 12th, 2018, 11:35pm

I am only guessing my April Fools / Easter card was "declined" with a sarcastic "No Thank You" comment under marketability because of the fact it was an Easter egg grenade. (Product Id: 1513574)

If that's the case, I've found at least THREE cards on here showing people pointing guns of some kind at someone for "humor" reasons that anyone could find violent if that's going to be a reason to deny a card.  

Cards with guns:  

I would just like some closure on this issue if possible or at least have another person to judge my card and let me know if violence was a reason for declining it. I honestly can't think why it would have been denied for another reason but please put me to rights if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
SunAtNight_145914
Gold Member
artist

Re: Violent card?
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2018, 5:36am

While I'm not a representative of GCU - I do know industry standards. It is the greeting card industry standard of saying "no thank you". All of the big companies implement this for freelance artists. It is not meant as sarcastic nor is meant to take personally.

I encourage all artists of every level to submit to other companies. I encourage you as well. . . and I don't mean other print on demand companies.  Wink

GCU is a professional company utilizing industry standards which are just as high as the other big name brands and publishers. There is one difference, here you can ask questions. Submitting to other well regarded companies you won't get to.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2018, 7:49am

Just an observation - SunAtNight your storefront banner gives SunAtNight.com yet there is no such thing. Might want to update your banner.

I no longer like to deal with the big companies and/or the art licensing route, but I certainly agree with you that GCU is right up there with the well known businesses in their reasoning - as you say the only difference is that GCU talks to us.  Smiley

Quote from SunAtNight_145914 on Feb 13th, 2018, 5:36am:
While I'm not a representative of GCU - I do know industry standards. It is the greeting card industry standard of saying "no thank you". All of the big companies implement this for freelance artists. It is not meant as sarcastic nor is meant to take personally.

I encourage all artists of every level to submit to other companies. I encourage you as well. . . and I don't mean other print on demand companies.  Wink

GCU is a professional company utilizing industry standards which are just as high as the other big name brands and publishers. There is one difference, here you can ask questions. Submitting to other well regarded companies you won't get to.

Email   IP Logged
Card_Review_Team
artist

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2018, 10:27am

Included in your card's decline is a link for further information.  http://gcucommunity.com/2013/09/16/dash-of-inspiration-marketability-no-thank-yo u/  We encourage artists to read the links provided in their reviews. These links contain valuable information and often answer any questions artists may have. For further information, an artist can email the review team at cardreview@greetingcarduniverse.com

Reviewer 443

Quote from LD_131511 on Feb 12th, 2018, 11:35pm:
I am only guessing my April Fools / Easter card was "declined" with a sarcastic "No Thank You" comment under marketability because of the fact it was an Easter egg grenade. (Product Id: 1513574)

If that's the case, I've found at least THREE cards on here showing people pointing guns of some kind at someone for "humor" reasons that anyone could find violent if that's going to be a reason to deny a card.

Cards with guns:

I would just like some closure on this issue if possible or at least have another person to judge my card and let me know if violence was a reason for declining it. I honestly can't think why it would have been denied for another reason but please put me to rights if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.