Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Competitor's Designs - Observation (Read 534 times)
SunAtNight_145914
Gold Member
artist

Competitor's Designs - Observation
Feb 12th, 2018, 2:22pm

I was perusing some greeting card designs from other companies (fairly well known ones too) and observed that background replacements in landscapes are really in trend. No surprise there, but in my observational escapades I started noticing that the finalized backgrounds don't make any sense. As an example a deeply heavy snowy foreground with a bare brown dirt hill side background. The foreground looks like a picturesque New England scene and the background looks like the rolling hills in California during Autumn right before the East winds pick up and fire season starts.

Is it just me or does the "new trends" in greeting cards have lackluster designs? Anyone care to express their thoughts?

Email   IP Logged
Audrey_132599
artist

Re: Competitor's Designs - Observation
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2018, 2:55pm

Yes, I agree. To me, many of the new trends do not make sense and aren't very appealing in general. The beautiful art that was easy to purchase isn't found in the market place as much as before. I hope this passes and beauty is in vogue once again. I try to stay true to myself as I incorporate trends into my work. It can be very difficult and times!
Blessings~
Audrey

Email   IP Logged
Laura_142481
Gold Member
artist

Re: Competitor's Designs - Observation
Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2018, 4:30pm

I feel there's an overall trend in lack luster designs, and trends get old pretty quickly.
Possibly the problem with the cards with background issues is that they are adhering to a concept, but the final product is not well thought out. It could even be a time issue with finding the right royalty free ( hopefully ) backgrounds that is causing the lack of attention to detail. I would imagine the majority of customers don't even notice.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.