Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Artist Guest Post - Storewide Facelift (Read 4676 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Artist Guest Post - Storewide Facelift
Jan 26th, 2018, 1:04pm

A great read on GCU's Community blog, loaded with tips, by GCU artist Doreen Erhardt on her storewide facelift:
https://gcucommunity.com/2018/01/26/nuts-and-bolts-storewide-facelift/

Thank you, Doreen, for sharing your process and enjoy those boosted sales!

Be sure to subscribe to the blog for future postings:  
https://gcucommunity.com/

Email   IP Logged
Stephie_426394
GCU Newbies

Re: Artist Guest Post - Storewide Facelift
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2018, 1:32pm

This was really helpful to me as a newbie. I went through this blog post line by line, learned a lot, and it will be very helpful for starting out on the right footing.   Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2018, 2:08pm

Quote from Stephie_426394 on Jan 26th, 2018, 1:32pm:
This was really helpful to me as a newbie. I went through this blog post line by line, learned a lot, and it will be very helpful for starting out on the right footing.   Cheesy

thank you for your feedback!  

Email   IP Logged
Danielle_384028

Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2018, 2:38pm

This really is helpful. It's good information for new people. Sometime ago I read a communtiy blog post where Doreen talked about the Google Inclusion and red not being picked up on Google. I wondered a few months ago why some cards stop selling. Not realizing that cards with similar notes or very close will not qualify as unique. I've went back and got these cards to be included again. I'm already noticing the difference it's making. Thank you because this is very helpful.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2018, 2:55pm

You're welcome, Mindy. Smiley  

You know me, I'm all about being inspired to inspire!  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Bruce_244612

Reply #5 - Jan 27th, 2018, 6:00am

Hi All,

Doreen, thanks for the great info. There were a couple items I hadn't thought about in the interest of sales.

I need clarification on one thing - I've avoided going back through to beef up artist notes because I was under the impression, false it appears, that any change had to be run back through the Reviewers.  

So, if that's not in question I'll start a slow review!

Thanks for the help,

Bruce

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Jan 27th, 2018, 7:39am

Hi Bruce -

No, meta-tag data such as your Card Description (Artist Notes), do not need to be re-reviewed. Smiley

Quote from Bruce_244612 on Jan 27th, 2018, 6:00am:
Hi All,

Doreen, thanks for the great info. There were a couple items I hadn't thought about in the interest of sales.

I need clarification on one thing - I've avoided going back through to beef up artist notes because I was under the impression, false it appears, that any change had to be run back through the Reviewers.

So, if that's not in question I'll start a slow review!

Thanks for the help,

Bruce

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Jan 27th, 2018, 8:03am

Doreen, Thank you for such a wonderful, comprehensive body of information! I should do as you did in regards to setting a timeline to make sure I stick to the task of revamping! Great job!

Email   IP Logged
Diana_131887
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Jan 27th, 2018, 8:45am

Thanks Doreen -Inspiring post.

I admit, I've looked into reviewing and re-writing/updating my cards here and there but mainly I've been overwhelmed by the task. May start up again.

Email   IP Logged
Pamela_135500
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Jan 27th, 2018, 9:18am

Doreen,
You are a constant inspiration!
Thank you for detailing your methods, it is very helpful to aim for.

I have updated a number of cards but have many more to go, it is a long process. I have found sales pick up when I do take the time to refresh a design and the metadata, especially the artist notes. In the old days we did not pay much attention to those and the generic notes we often added do nothing for us now.  

Thank you as always for being so helpful.
Pamela Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #10 - Jan 27th, 2018, 9:32am

You're welcome Betsy, Diana and Pamela!

It IS a daunting task, but once I saw immediate results in sales after focusing my time on this project, each day brought fresh inspiration to keep going when I would see the cards I had updated the previous day or early that week began to sell again.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Stacia_208183
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Jan 27th, 2018, 2:59pm

I learned long ago from you Doreen (and Tom Rent, too, I believe) about the importance of being organized and keeping track of everything, such as the PID #s and their dates of approval. So it does not surprise me that you continue to do so many important things so thoroughly and completely. You have a tenacious spirit and are an inspiration to the rest of us!  

Email   IP Logged
Audrey_132599
artist

Reply #12 - Jan 28th, 2018, 2:57pm

Thank you, Mindy and Doreen! When I have time I adjust old cards. There were definitely a few new ideas in this article that will be helpful to me in the future. Your efforts are appreciated!
Blessings~
Audrey

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.