Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Borders (Read 1440 times)
Christine__136991
artist

Borders
Nov 8th, 2017, 10:43am

Hello, I found out today that Target adds borders automatically to our cards.  A while ago I added borders to my best selling patriotic cards.  I feel that they look so much better, but I'm worried that they won't print well with Target also adding a border.  Would it be best if I change the images and revert back to no borders on these cards?  Thanks for any advice.

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Re: Borders
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2017, 3:18pm

Hi Christine,  
Target's border is a thin white border, I believe just under a quarter inch on all sides.   I think in this case since your border is also white it won't take anything away from your design.  We would advise to stick with the design that design that you feel looks the best (or sells the best).  

Target sales are a small percentage of our total sales and the order quantity tends to be on the lower side, so if these cards tend to sell in high quantities I wouldn't worry too much about the Target border.  

Hope this helps!
Shaun

Email   IP Logged
Stacia_208183
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2017, 3:54pm

Thank you, Shaun, for being very specific about the approximate size of Target's border. I don't recall seeing it mentioned previously in the forum. I've been forever meaning to test it at our local Target store but never have.  Roll Eyes  Your description is very helpful.  

Email   IP Logged
Audrey_132599
artist

Reply #3 - Nov 8th, 2017, 5:25pm

Yes, the info on Target's borders is helpful. Thanks, Shaun!
Blessings~
Audrey

Email   IP Logged
PJ_132733
artist

Reply #4 - Nov 9th, 2017, 3:53am

The white border on cards printed at Target represents the limitation of the printer being used to make the cards. It cannot print edge to edge on the paper being used to make the card. The paper is cut to the finished size.  

The cards sold by the website, and mailed out, are printed on oversized paper and trimmed down to finished size. The extra eighth inch margin around the card is called the bleed. Here, bleed is a term for edge to edge printing, not for ink soaking through to the back side of the sheet.  

Think of the Target kiosks as quick printing, with limitations.

Email   IP Logged
Christine__136991
artist

Reply #5 - Nov 9th, 2017, 5:32am

Thanks so much for the information Shaun!  I wanted to be sure being that Christmas season is approaching rapidly!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.