Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

"Rate the Cards You Purchased" (Read 2497 times)
Stacia_208183
Gold Member

"Rate the Cards You Purchased"
Nov 6th, 2017, 3:50pm

I sometimes send my own cards to relatives & friends. Grin . Afterwards, I receive an email that asks me to "Rate the Cards You Purchased". I'm curious how other artists handle this situation & what GCU expects we might do for we artists might be a bit biased about it! Haha!  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Gail_137747
artist

Re: "Rate the Cards You Purchased"
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2017, 11:03am

I just ignore the email.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_131794
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2020, 6:15am

I order many of my cards to check for printing etc and send to my customers, they love to receive them.  Usually the cards are wonderful and print quality amazing and I do rate the cards.   However my recent order of cards I got today in the mail was very disappointing.  cry  My previous order was back in September was far better then this new order. Only a few of the cards were not cut that well in that September order but I let it slide as these things can happen.  However in this new order I have to say that I was quite disappointed with pretty much every card and how they were cut poorly and folding was really off that I must say something about this order.   Although the overall printing quality of colors is wonderful, There was inconsistent cutting on all the cards. They are not well cut and thus the folding is totally off.  You can really visually see the backside cutting of the card on the card front.   I have noticed that USA printing site for the cards has been more superior to the cards I get from the UK printing facility.  
I am sure my customers would not like to receive cards that were cut and folded this way. Its rather disappointing.   I am sorry but I was not pleased this order of  my cards  cry

Email   IP Logged
CAROL_243890

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2020, 11:05pm

Gosh, Lisa, you were very unlucky. I order quite a lot of my own cards. I only send friends and relatives my designs as I usually Change the caption on the front to make it more personal. I also order at least 2 of nearly every new design to check my colours work and they've always been great. Last year I ordered a few hundred of 4 designs to sell at a big 5 day Christmas fair. 3 large boxes came and every one of them was perfect. All my cards come from the UK too as I'm in Ireland. Once, one of my orders of 2 cards went missing, turns our it went to Australia by accident Smiley but as I'm here since Christmas 2013  so I think one mistake in all that time is good going. I never review them though, I think that would be too weird and embarrassing. I did congratulate GCU here on the forum though for doing such a great job on my large order last Christmas. I think you've been really unlucky.  Huh
Carol

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #4 - Dec 2nd, 2020, 11:52pm

Quote from Lisa_131794 on Dec 1st, 2020, 6:15am:
I order many of my cards to check for printing etc and send to my customers, they love to receive them.  Usually the cards are wonderful and print quality amazing and I do rate the cards.   However my recent order of cards I got today in the mail was very disappointing.  cry  My previous order was back in September was far better then this new order. Only a few of the cards were not cut that well in that September order but I let it slide as these things can happen.  However in this new order I have to say that I was quite disappointed with pretty much every card and how they were cut poorly and folding was really off that I must say something about this order.   Although the overall printing quality of colors is wonderful, There was inconsistent cutting on all the cards. They are not well cut and thus the folding is totally off.  You can really visually see the backside cutting of the card on the card front.   I have noticed that USA printing site for the cards has been more superior to the cards I get from the UK printing facility.
I am sure my customers would not like to receive cards that were cut and folded this way. Its rather disappointing.   I am sorry but I was not pleased this order of  my cards  cry

Hi Lisa,
Per our email exchange, thank for the details and we will be addressing with our UK printing partner.  Even if just a reminder for quality control before packaging and shipping.

Mindy

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_131794
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2020, 3:18am

[/quote]Hi Lisa,
Per our email exchange, thank for the details and we will be addressing with our UK printing partner.  Even if just a reminder for quality control before packaging and shipping.

Mindy
[/quote]

Thanks so much Mindy for your email the other day, I had posted this before I sent an email (I responded to the rate these cards email and thought it might not work) as I did not know where to address the issue.  I appreciate your quick follow up in this regard.  I will be ordering some more cards soon.  In my 13 years here on GCU this is the first time I had an issue with my cards so I am sure it will be addressed.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.