Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Artist Guest Post - updated low to no sellers (Read 1192 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Artist Guest Post - updated low to no sellers
Oct 13th, 2017, 4:18pm

Here is a great read on GCU's Community blog with excellent advice from GCU artist Stephanie Laird on updating old and no / low selling cards:
https://gcucommunity.com/2017/09/29/nuts-and-bolts-updating-old-to-nolow-selling
-card-tips/

Thank you, Stephanie, for sharing your process and tips!

Be sure to subscribe to the blog for future postings:
https://gcucommunity.com/

Email   IP Logged
Ramelle_149580
Gold Member
artist

Re: Artist Guest Post - updated low to no sellers
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2017, 5:24pm

Thank you, Stephanie, for the helpful tips. I always have enjoyed seeing "Before and After" pictures of all kinds. Your subtle changes made a big difference. Congratulations on the sales!  
It would be fun to see what other artists have done to improve their existing cards, too.
On a related note, I posted a GCU Support question in the Forum on August 25th concerning one of my updated images that had an immediate sale. I have yet to receive a single reply, although I have had 1,112 people read the post. If you, or anyone in GCU Support, could help me find an answer to my question, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
(Here's my original post of August 25, 2017Smiley

After a customer orders a card, how long does it take for the Artist Services notice of a sale to appear in our email? I'm wondering this, because last night at about 10:00pm, I changed an old card by updating the text with a smaller, different font. It was a seascape/painting of mine in which I also changed a seagull to make it sharper and much nicer.  
It was a needed improvement, in my opinion. This morning about 12 hours after I made my changes to the image, I received a notice that 2 of these cards have been sold.  
So now, I'm wondering if what the customer saw on the GCU site is what they will receive. I would not want someone to get something different than what they originally ordered even if it's a much better, updated design.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.