Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Big Stock Images (Read 1320 times)
Gail_137747
artist

Big Stock Images
Sep 8th, 2017, 9:15pm

To Whom it May Concern,

We've always been told that cards using Big Stock Images are quickly reviewed. That may be for some, but not for me. I've got one card that was submitted Aug. 27 and still no review. I've been waiting on 3 cards that were special requests and it's been 2 days going into a weekend. That means it will be at least Monday before anyone looks at them. So, quick reviews on Big Stock cards aren't a reality for me.  Sad

Email   IP Logged
Stacia_208183
Gold Member

Re: Big Stock Images
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2017, 4:12am

My understanding and experience has been that you can always send an email to cardreview@greetingcarduniverse.com to inquire if a card has been accidentally overlooked, and it's usually taken care of quickly. Good luck!

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2017, 8:07am

It has always been the case that these cards were reviewed fairly quickly; however I too the past month or two have noticed this process taking longer.  

My guess is that we are simply seeing vacation schedules of the GCU staff making a minor impact. I would not let it discourage you from the process.

Any time I have a card for a customer which needs review and has a time table on it, I do as Stacia suggested and send an email with the PID and reason CLEARLY stated.

Email   IP Logged
Gail_137747
artist

Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2017, 8:35am

Thanks, Stacia and Doreen. I have emailed the reviewers and we'll see what happens. I appreciate your responses.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2017, 5:55pm

Thank you for your posting and email to the review team.

Traditionally Stock Card Creations have had, for the most part, same day review.  We have had some schedule changes with the review team and these cards are not necessarily reviewed on the same day anymore.  We do expect them however to be reviewed, barring a holiday, in two business days.

I'll touch base with the review team and see how we can shore this up.  

Thanks again for the alert and thank you for your patience!

Email   IP Logged
Anna_429070
GCU Newbies

Reply #5 - Jan 17th, 2018, 6:56am

Hi, found one of my images on greetingcarduniverse.com.  

It is a card with my photo plus added text under it. When i click on the image to buy the credit is as follows: Artist: Someone Else (who i don't want to name) and under his name there is the text: Original image by (my username on bigstock) / Bigstock.com

I checked some other cards and i see the same thing on many of the other cards, what's going on is this some partner site and they have people adding text to our photos to make cards?

Searched this forum and i see that some people are using them to sell cards, maybe they know what the deal is?

« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2018, 4:21pm by Mindy »  
Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #6 - Jan 17th, 2018, 4:38pm

Hi, found one of my images on greetingcarduniverse.com.  

It is a card with my photo plus added text under it. When i click on the image to buy the credit is as follows: Artist: Someone Else (who i don't want to name) and under his name there is the text: Original image by (my username on bigstock) / Bigstock.com

I checked some other cards and i see the same thing on many of the other cards, what's going on is this some partner site and they have people adding text to our photos to make cards?

Searched this forum and i see that some people are using them to sell cards, maybe they know what the deal is?
Hi Anna,
GCU has a licensing partnership with Big Stock.  Here is the forum thread on GCU's Stock Card Creations service:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1385169412/0

And a link to the landing page itself for Stock Card Creations:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/bigstock

Please let us know if you have additional questions.  

« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2018, 4:33pm by Mindy »  
Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.