Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Overly Compressed Thumbnail Image (Read 645 times)
SunAtNight_145914
Gold Member
artist

Overly Compressed Thumbnail Image
Aug 20th, 2017, 3:26pm

Image pid#936648 is a black and white image. The automatically generated thumbnail is showing artifacts that are not on the image.  

I just received an email that the card sold and that image embedded in that email shows signs stray artifacts. I remember years ago that this was supposed to be resolved as it was happening to all black and white images.

Email   IP Logged
Stacia_208183
Gold Member

Re: Overly Compressed Thumbnail Image
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2017, 3:39pm

Very interesting. It's also still showing on black and white (zebra keyword) thank-you images, which I've mentioned a couple of time to support (but a while ago). It must quite the sneaky bug as they thought they had fixed it!

Email   IP Logged
Rosalie_136698
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2017, 3:48pm

The image looks great on my computer, no problems with it. undecided

Email   IP Logged
SunAtNight_145914
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2017, 8:20pm

Quote from Rosalie_136698 on Aug 20th, 2017, 3:48pm:
The image looks great on my computer, no problems with it. undecided

The large image does look good (if you just view it from the search) but the small thumbnails that show up in the category pages don't. It basically shows a stripe of artifacts on the upper 1/3 portion. My guess is that this is what the email message references.

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2017, 10:57am

Quote from SunAtNight_145914 on Aug 20th, 2017, 3:26pm:
Image pid#936648 is a black and white image. The automatically generated thumbnail is showing artifacts that are not on the image.

I just received an email that the card sold and that image embedded in that email shows signs stray artifacts. I remember years ago that this was supposed to be resolved as it was happening to all black and white images.

Hello,
This should be corrected now, sorry for the inconvenience.  There was a thumbnail version of the image that had the issue.  It may take 24 hours to show the change due to browser caching, but if you view the image in a different web browser you should see the updated image right away.  

Shaun

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.