Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
June's Design Challenge - Mountains (Read 3424 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

June's Design Challenge - Mountains
Jun 5th, 2017, 5:22pm

June's Design Challenge has arrived and ready for adventure!

Theme: Mountain(s)

Requirements:  

- Mountain must be clear in your imagery/verse combination. For example: A large pile of incoming or outgoing mail would not be accepted without a matching verse to tie in, such as; “a mountain of mail”. Mountain lions, mountain climbers, mountain bikes, etc. are all acceptable as long as it’s a strong tie verse, occasion, and recipient.  We want you to “make a mountain out of a molehill” by creating something unique and marketable!

- Blank verse will not be considered for entry in this challenge.  

- Only ONE card per artist per challenge.    

- Submissions must be new, no existing designs.    

- Stock Card Creations entries will not be accepted.

- Your designs should differ from those already offered in the category to offer shoppers a variety of choices, not more of the same.    

TIP:
For inspiration and examples to get your creativity flowing look for Public Domain quotes, scripture and of course there are always idioms. Remember GCU will only accept biblical quotes from bibles clearly stated to be in the public domain. Place this information in the Notes to Reviewer. For your assistance: The King James Bible and the World English Bible are both in the public domain but you are not limited to these two versions. You may use other bible versions as long as the url link clearly shows that they are in the public domain.

Entry Deadline: Friday, June 30th
……………………………………………………………    

Please see more details and how to enter the challenge here on the Community blog:      
https://gcucommunity.com/2017/06/02/dash-of-inspiration-june-2017-design-challen
ge/

Do you hear that?  

"The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Re: June's Design Challenge - Mountains
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2017, 8:35am

Hey guys,

Only about two-weeks left to enter this challenge and there is only one entry!  Grin

Is there still interest in these challenges?

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2017, 4:27pm

Oh Doreen, I hope there is still an interest in these challenges that you work so hard to bring to us! Maybe everyone is having a crazy June and the entries will all pour in real soon! Fingers crossed! Smiley
I really appreciate all the time you and the judges take to make these challenges happen.
Thank you so much!

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2017, 4:58pm

Thank you, Betsy. Smiley

I'm sure it's just SUMMERTIME!  Grin

Quote from Betsy_145102 on Jun 19th, 2017, 4:27pm:
Oh Doreen, I hope there is still an interest in these challenges that you work so hard to bring to us! Maybe everyone is having a crazy June and the entries will all pour in real soon! Fingers crossed! Smiley
I really appreciate all the time you and the judges take to make these challenges happen.
Thank you so much!

Email   IP Logged
Pamela_135500
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2017, 2:38pm

Oh no, Doreen! Huh

I am admittedly not the most prolific at entering the challenges but would hate to see them go. I shall put on my creative hat and try to help keep this challenge alive!

I think June can be a busy month for many folks, especially if they have kids as it is the time of transition from end of school to summer activities. For some that means less time to create, at least it was for me when we were in that phase.

Hoping you get lots more entries
Pamela Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Jun 20th, 2017, 2:55pm

Thank you, Pamela!  

I'm sure it's summer fever and I can understand that!  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
michelle_276330

Reply #6 - Jun 21st, 2017, 3:59am

Hi Doreen , I for one just got home from a vacation and sure will try and get a card together  for the challenge.  I just love them! 😊

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Jun 21st, 2017, 7:45am

More great news! Thank you, Michelle for tuning in and confirming Betsy and Pamela's summer vacation theory!

Hope you had a wonderful time!  

Email   IP Logged
Stacia_208183
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Jun 30th, 2017, 6:37am

Yes, I concur with the others! There is still interest! Perhaps, if you don't get enough entries for this month, the deadline could be extended to the end of July?

To add to the vacation theory comments, it's also a season of graduations and thus families visiting, party planning & hosting, etc! I haven't been able to create anything in months due to all of the aforementioned! I'm looking forward to being able to participate in the challenges in the near future if they continue to exist.

Side note: I belong to a social organization that considerably ramps down its activities during the summer due to members' travels and family responsibilities. Mid-Nov to end of Dec also sees a reduced number of  scheduled events.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #9 - Jul 3rd, 2017, 6:02pm

... the voting is in progress   Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
Pamela_135500
Gold Member
artist

Reply #10 - Jul 3rd, 2017, 7:05pm

Just wanted to say kudos to all of you that did enter and all the best.
I have to admit, Doreen, I failed in my mission to find the time again this month.
Sorry.
Pamela Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #11 - Jul 3rd, 2017, 7:48pm

Quote from Pamela_135500 on Jul 3rd, 2017, 7:05pm:
Just wanted to say kudos to all of you that did enter and all the best.
I have to admit, Doreen, I failed in my mission to find the time again this month.
Sorry.
Pamela Smiley

Oh, no apology necessary! It's a busy time of year a new challenge has already begun. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #12 - Jul 6th, 2017, 2:40pm

Enjoying the view from the top of the mountain, here are June's Design Challenge Winners!    

1st Place:          
Michelle Lanoue of Illustrations by Michelle
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/holiday-cards/labor-day-united-states-cards/ general-labor-day/happy-labor-day-patriotic-colors-1482130

2nd Place:          
Susan Alison  
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/sympathy-cards/loss-of-pet/dog/sympathy-loss -of-dog-condolence-1481792

Two wonderful takes on the mountains for two very different reasons.

An interesting variety of occasions / categories and different mountain concepts! Thank you to all of the artists who entered.

Missed June's Challenge? No need to cry, take  to July's Design Challenge - Oh Baby!
https://gcucommunity.com/2017/07/03/dash-of-inspiration-big-stock-only-design-ch
allenge-july-2017/

Email   IP Logged
Laurie_293906

Reply #13 - Jul 6th, 2017, 9:52pm

Congratulations, Michelle and Susan both beautiful designs and well-deserved wins! Take care, Laurie

Email   IP Logged
Stacia_208183
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Jul 7th, 2017, 3:23am

Both are great cards - attractive and unique! Congratulations!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.