Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

help with custom front cards (Read 3629 times)
CAROL_243890

help with custom front cards
Apr 20th, 2017, 1:21pm

Hi,

Could anyone give me a few tips on how to create a custom front card. Or tell me where I can get info on this.
The tutorial videos seem to be blank at the moment.
Thanks, Carol

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Re: help with custom front cards
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2017, 7:52pm

Hi Carol,  
 Custom fronts are very easy once you get the hang of it. When you create your design you leave the place where you want the custom text to be placed blank. You just choose Custom instead of Standard when adding all of your info, title, keywords, reviewer notes, and categories.
After that you are taken to the custom tool and you create the space for your custom text to go.
Then you choose your font, font size, and color. Once you get it to where you want it, click on preview to make sure it is what you want it to look like. If it doesn't suit you, just keep editing until it does, then hit save. That is it!
All of the fonts behave in their own way and don't sit the same in the space you choose, so there is a lot of trial and error to the whole thing, but in the end it all works out.
Good luck and hope this has helped.
Betsy

Email   IP Logged
CAROL_243890

Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2017, 8:22pm

Oh thanks, Betsy. You're a life saver.

I'll give it a go. After 3 years here, it will be my first one.  Smiley

Thanks. Carol

Email   IP Logged
CAROL_243890

Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2017, 8:57pm

It worked!  Grin

Thanks, Betsy

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Apr 21st, 2017, 3:31am

That's great, Carol!
 So glad I could help. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Catinka_133492
artist

Reply #5 - May 17th, 2017, 9:50am

I have never paid attention to this option. Where would such a request reach me, or how? It looks like this is an option on every one of my cards. Must it be an option? I don't want to have to worry that I am or am not immediately attending to such a requests.  (Hopefully no one has requested and thereby ignored!)  ...and, executing this is simply a matter of using a tool within GCU?

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - May 17th, 2017, 11:48am

Hi Catinka,
 In this thread we are talking about designs we make ourselves for any customer to add their own text and/or photos. Not for a specific customer request.
This is entirely up to you and does not depend on a request reaching you. The option exists solely for us to take advantage of or not. It is not mandatory to make custom cards.  
As for anyone trying to reach you to request a design for them, you would have to have your custom request option checked YES under global preferences in your administrative settings.  
Again, totally up to you whether you want to accept custom requests.
I hope this is understandable!
Have a great day,
Betsy

Email   IP Logged
Catinka_133492
artist

Reply #7 - May 17th, 2017, 3:17pm

Thank you Betsy! I hope any contact would be made by our usual email. I hope i can assume no one has requested since i have never gotten a request!     ... The custom front tool sounds similar to some of the online pic editors that can add text and do things to images. Good to have a tool right onsite for this.

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - May 17th, 2017, 5:58pm

You're welcome, Catinka.
 I do hope I made sense! Wink

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.