Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

HELP ME PLEASE! (Read 6408 times)
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

HELP ME PLEASE!
Apr 13th, 2017, 4:47am

Hello, I am at my wit's end trying to figure out how to get a card onto Instagram. I know I am behind on the social media thing but I am trying!  
So my question is, How do you get a card to appear on Instagram like I see them from the GCU instagram page?
I really appreciate any insight into this,
Thanks so much!
Betsy

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: HELP ME PLEASE!
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2017, 3:37pm

Hi Betsy,
Good for you for getting in the social media swing for your amazing cards!

The best way is via your smartphone. Via your browser go to the GCU website and find the card you want. You can capture the card image you want to post by a Save Image function of our phone. Via my iphone I do this by holding my finger on the image until the options popup (Save Image, Copy).  It should now be saved in your photo / camera roll.  We like to use the 3D card image from the product details page.  

Go to your Instagram app on your smartphone and per usual, use the plus sign at the bottom to start a post and choose an image. The default should be Library which points to your photo / camera roll.  Find the photo you want and proceed per usual creating a instagram post.

Let me know if you have any questions. sometimes it's so simple it's difficult!

A few tips ...
1. in instagram you can pinch to adjust the image size and add more that one image per posting
2. portrait cards tend to translate best
3. sometimes I edit/crop my photo first to square format before uploading, instagram seems to like this
4. be sure to use these hashtags and more: #greetingcards #greetingcard #anycardimaginable #greetingcarduniverse
5. be sure to tag us @GreetingCardUniverse

Have fun, we'll be following you!  Cheesy

« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2017, 5:35pm by Mindy »  
Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2017, 6:04am

Hi Mindy,
 Thank you so much for the wonderfully detailed information! I will give it a go!  
Thank you also for the lovely compliment.  Smiley
Happy Easter,
Betsy

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2017, 2:26pm

Mindy,  
 Thanks again for your Instagram tutorial! The reason I was having problems was my phone is a Windows phone and only supports Instagram Beta and can't do the things you described so that is where I got confused. I used my ipad and voila! I did it thanks to you!  
Have a great night,
Betsy

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - May 21st, 2017, 7:04am

Hello,
 I just discovered this post that tells you how to put Instagram on your PC and by using Bluestacks downloaded to your PC, you can post to Instagram just like you would on your phone.
I did a couple and it is so easy once you get the hang of it!
I also did a screenshot of the inside of the card and added it to the picture so people get the full effect of the card. Below is the link to what I am talking about.  
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUW1OQ6hrgI/?taken-by=dragonfiregraphics

Here is the link to the post telling you how to use Bluestacks, where to get it and the Instagram for PC download link.
http://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-upload-photos-to-instagram-from-your-pc-o r-mac

Have a great Sunday,
Betsy

Email   IP Logged
Evelyn_142919
artist

Reply #5 - Mar 22nd, 2019, 6:14pm

Hi Betsy,
I was having the same question as you since I joined Instagram. I have an android with Windows, but no iPad. Thanks so much for posting the links you found! Can't wait to try it.  Wink
Love the GCU Forum!  
~ Evie

Email   IP Logged
CAROL_243890

Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2020, 7:14pm

Thanks for all that info, I'm just starting with instagram now too.

Carol

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.