Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Zoo Animal Sympathy cards (Read 3343 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Zoo Animal Sympathy cards
Feb 9th, 2017, 3:21pm

from a shopper ...

"I need a unique sympathy card for my fellow zoo workers.  At the zoo when an animal dies I'd like a card with wild/zoo animals on the front, big and small species, to send to the staff when an animal passes. If it could be personalized with the name or kind of animal on the front, that would be awesome!"

The shopper will find these cards here:
Occasion >> Sympathy >> Loss of Pet >> Other

Note, submissions for this request should be custom front designs only.

To expedite the review of these cards please check "Fast Track Review" on the Card Image Details page when you create your card.

Email   IP Logged
Ramelle_149580
Gold Member
artist

Re: Zoo Animal Sympathy cards
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2017, 5:24pm

That's an interesting request. Sad  Sad
Here's my submission for this category: PID 1466686

Email   IP Logged
Donna_137698
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2017, 11:46am

sad indeed.

I have a question.  I have a number of usable images featuring several different wild zoo animals.  Would it be best to create cards with unique outside and inside verse or can similar wording be used and still be acceptable with the main difference being the outside image?

first submission PID 1466776

And if allowed, I am going to share my royalties on sales of any of my designs with the zoo where I took my photos as they are allowing me free reign to use my images of their animals without limitation.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2017, 3:26pm

Quote from Donna_137698 on Feb 12th, 2017, 11:46am:
sad indeed.

I have a question.  I have a number of usable images featuring several different wild zoo animals.  Would it be best to create cards with unique outside and inside verse or can similar wording be used and still be acceptable with the main difference being the outside image?

first submission PID 1466776

And if allowed, I am going to share my royalties on sales of any of my designs with the zoo where I took my photos as they are allowing me free reign to use my images of their animals without limitation.

Sorry for the delay.  In this case, as long as the animal featured is a different breed of animal you can use the same text across the series.  Hope that is helpful!  

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #4 - Feb 24th, 2017, 3:59pm

The requesting shopper has recently ordered this card:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/sympathy-cards/loss-of-pet/other/sympathy-fo r-the-loss-of-1466686

Congratulations on the sale to GCU artist Ramelle Richardson of Eloquence by Ramelle  

A wonderful new collection of cards for a unique occasion.  Well done, all!

Email   IP Logged
Gail_137747
artist

Reply #5 - Feb 24th, 2017, 5:39pm

Well done, Ramelle!  

Email   IP Logged
Ramelle_149580
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Feb 24th, 2017, 6:14pm

Thanks for the congrats! My sale was only 2 cards, but I hope that folks will see notice our new category and order more from the nice array of Zoo Animal Sympathy cards we now have on GCU. Just as I was creating my design, I learned the "Packy" the beloved elephant from the San Diego Zoo, had to be euthanized due to illness. Packy was 55 years old and was well-loved at the Zoo and a friend to millions of visitors since he was born in 1962.
I used Packy's name and birth/death dates as my text example, and I actually found myself teary-eyed as I thought of how much Packy will be missed. It makes me wonder who the animal was for which my card was purchased.

Email   IP Logged
Teri_179461
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Feb 27th, 2017, 9:43am

Congratulations, Ramelle!

Teri

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Feb 27th, 2017, 1:03pm

Congratulations, Ramelle!  
 Your inside sentiment is so lovely.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.