Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Image links to Twitter (Read 1169 times)
Sheila_366366
GCU Newbies

Image links to Twitter
Nov 20th, 2016, 10:51am

I posted this on another thread and the thread died, so no responses. I did a search on the topic and there are no other threads regarding this (and my post was actually the only one that showed up in the search results).  

I'm relatively new here and still figuring out the ropes. Recently started a twitter account to promote my work here and on a few other sites. My other sites I submit art to, the post to twitter links imbed the image in the twitter post so you can actually see the image. But when I do that with my newly approved cards, it's just a clickable URL link, which the potential customer may or may not click on and followers do not "like" or "share" so it is pointless to even post these shares there IMO.

Is there a way the tech crew can change the format so when we click on the share to twitter link it actually shares the image in post too? Since I know it's possible it doesn't seem like it'd be that large of a task to edit the software on this site to do that (and it would help us with promoting our content). Promoting content helps elicit sales and all that   Grin

Thank you for your consideration

Email   IP Logged
Diana_131887
Gold Member
artist

Re: Image links to Twitter
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2016, 7:19pm

Agree w/you 100%. Wish list: that GCU would make the twitter button tweet a link w/a image. I think it would boost sales.

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #2 - Nov 22nd, 2016, 4:29pm

Hi Sheila,  

Thanks for the suggestion.  We'll pass this along to see if it's something we can add the site in the coming months.  We agree, it would be great to embed images with tweets.  

Shaun

Email   IP Logged
Sheila_366366
GCU Newbies

Reply #3 - Nov 28th, 2016, 1:25pm

Thanks for the response. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your tech team can implement this.

Email   IP Logged
Sheila_366366
GCU Newbies

Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2017, 10:32pm

Any chance anyone has addressed this issue yet? Really hard to effectively market with just a clickable link which nobody clicks on when linking images to twitter....

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.