Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Inside text (Read 2120 times)
Frances_377042
GCU Newbies

Inside text
Nov 1st, 2016, 5:00pm

Not sure if I am in the right place .  I am a total newbie and wondered how do I do the inside text in a card . Do I just pick a font and write something.  First time I tried to do it the font looked tiny .
Thank you so much Frances  kiss

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Re: Inside text
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2016, 6:23pm

Hi Frances,

Yes ... just write something.

Just like in 'real life', different fonts have varying sizes. Typically the script and hand-written fonts are 'smaller than they appear' therefore 20, 22 or 24 size choice is best. Where as Aria and Times Roman for example are usually best around 16 or 18. The real key is, if you can clearly read what you wrote in the Large View preview tool, then so can the customer and this will be close to how it will look printed.

Next, spacing of lines. Many artists make the mistake of adding a bunch of extra lines to center the writing vertically - this is incorrect and in fact causes issues for customers. You'll see a row below the box you write in which has three sets of choices. One centers the text within the vertical card front. One centers the text to the left, right or center of the card's horizontal dimension and the third offers single space, double space or triple space in between lines of text.

You may also choose your color, although I caution artists to not go nuts with this. Seasonal red or green in a holiday card is good now and then. Silvery gray in an elegant wedding card often works well. As with all things in life, all things in moderation ...  Grin

Hope this gets you started, good luck!

Email   IP Logged
Frances_377042
GCU Newbies

Re: Inside text
Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2016, 7:48am

Thank you Doreen , I will try that !

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.