Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

needing help please. I have to resubmit my first c (Read 2116 times)
Frances_377042
GCU Newbies

needing help please. I have to resubmit my first c
Oct 29th, 2016, 6:50pm

I am not understanding what to write  in Artists note and the reviewers note I did it wrong Sad
Can someone please help me thank you so much  ☺

Email   IP Logged
Teri_179461
Gold Member
artist

Re: needing help please. I have to resubmit my fir
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2016, 7:04pm

Hi Frances,

I will give you my outlook on how to fill these two areas in.

If the artwork is yours and you created it - simply write in Artist's Notes the following.   "My own original artwork"
If you are using someone else's art - this is the area where you say the right you have to use the art.  I can't help you with BigStock - as I create all my own art.

The Artist's notes is where you describe your card for the customer to read.  The best way of thinking about it is to describe Your card there - the colors, words and design as you might describe it to someone who can't see your artwork.

Does this help?  Good luck!

Teri
Che Bella Nota

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2016, 7:10pm

Welcome to GCU, Frances,

This is a link to the Artist Resources on the GCU Community Blog which has tons and tons of 'how to' for newbies.

This the Notes to Reviewer clear and concise:
https://gcucommunity.com/2012/11/19/dash-of-inspiration-note-to-reviewer/

In a nutshell:

"1)  If the photograph or artwork is yours … in other words, you have not used elements from any 3rd party creative, then at the very least you should state something like this:

“Artwork/Photograph is my own and I hold the copyright”

2) If you have created a card with some of your own creations and added some elements from other creators, then your Notes to Reviewer should look something like this:

“The photograph is my own. Additional elements are from:  GoodiesRUs.get here: (insert a link to the actual item you used), and their TOU are here:  (insert a link to their TOU).”

OR

“The artwork is my own. Added elements were purchased from … where I hold a Commercial Use License and/or Membership.”

Email   IP Logged
Frances_377042
GCU Newbies

Reply #3 - Oct 30th, 2016, 9:09am

Thank you so much Teri and Doreen for taking the time to help me . Great help  Grin

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.