Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Watermark Changes - Artist Action before 7/1/16 (Read 22758 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Watermark Changes - Artist Action before 7/1/16
Jun 13th, 2016, 3:47pm

Please read here, an earlier notice about watermarking changes on GCU:
https://gcucommunity.com/2016/05/06/nuts-and-bolts-watermarking/

And this UPDATE:
GCU received some helpful feedback from many of GCU's top selling artists and will be moving forward with the following changes to Image Watermarks.

In an effort to maximize exposure for artists' cards and deliver a high quality shopping experience for shoppers, yet still provide an option for those artists who feel strongly about additional protection, effective 6/20/16 GCU will:

1. Remove the Medium image watermark option
2. Keep the Large image watermark option
3. Reset ALL artists' Watermark Setting - Watermark LARGE Image to NO

Beginning 7/1/16, GCU will regenerate all card images sitewide, store by store, based on your new watermark settings.

There are two card type exceptions:
1. Stock Card Creations (BigStock) will retain the image watermarking and are not impacted by settings in Global Preferences, per GCU's licensing agreement with BigStock.  
2. At this time Custom Front cards will not be impacted by this change and will not be regenerated.

What Do Artists Need To Do?
If you are ok with NO WATERMARKS on your card images, you need to TAKE NO ACTION.  Since the image regeneration process will take a while (months), if you would like to request your images to be regenerated asap please post here on the forum.  We have already done so for a handful of artists.

If you want your LARGE IMAGE WATERMARKS YOU NEED TO TAKE ACTION.  You'll need to reset your Large image to ON before 7/1.  This is found in Global Preferences:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/edit_globals.asp

NOTE: Watermarked cards cannot be submitted to Google Shopping which is a fruitful source of sales for GCU.  If you choose to reset your large image watermark to "yes", these cards will NOT be submitted to Google Shopping and will receive less exposure than non-watermarked cards.

Thank you for working with us to increase your exposure for sales!

Email   IP Logged
Stephanie_138388
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: Watermark Changes - Artist Action before 7/1/1
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2016, 3:51pm

Hi Mindy,

Yes I would like to request the watermarks removed ASAP from my images. Thank you and that is great.

Best,
Stephanie Laird

Email   IP Logged
Sue_181298
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2016, 4:58pm

Mindy,

Thanks for keeping us informed. I'm very happy with the decision that was made. Please update my cards ASAP to remove all watermarks.  Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Ramelle_149580
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2016, 5:14pm

This is great news, Mindy. My newer cards have been watermark-free for about a year, but it will be nice to have the older ones consistent with the rest. Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Laurie_139933
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2016, 7:01pm

Hi Mindy, please remove my watermarks ASAP from my images on my original store. I have been doing it one card at a time for a long time but I still have over 10,000 that need to be removed. Thank you, Hugs, Laurie

Email   IP Logged
Teri_179461
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2016, 6:22am

I have no watermarks currently on my cards and would like to continue to have none on my cards.  I would like to request that my cards be placed in the queue to be regenerated as soon as possible though - since my understanding is that everyone's cards will be regenerated during this process.

Thanks,

Teri

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Jun 14th, 2016, 7:51am

Now I'm confused. Why would I need my cards regenerated ASAP if I have no watermarks on my cards?
Am I misunderstanding Mindy's post?:

If you are ok with NO WATERMARKS on your card images, you need to TAKE NO ACTION.

It makes sense that if your cards have watermarks that you want to add your name to this list to have the watermarks removed as soon as possible, as there is no other way to accomplish this from already approved cards, but I don't think those of us who've had the NO WATERMARK feature checked, therefore have none on our cards, should be in need of GCU taking the time to regenerate our cards ahead of the big regeneration process.

What am I missing?

Quote from Teri_179461 on Jun 14th, 2016, 6:22am:
I have no watermarks currently on my cards and would like to continue to have none on my cards.  I would like to request that my cards be placed in the queue to be regenerated as soon as possible though - since my understanding is that everyone's cards will be regenerated during this process.

Thanks,

Teri

Email   IP Logged
Nancy_142840
artist

Reply #7 - Jun 14th, 2016, 10:55am

Remove all Watermarks from my Cards Please! I unchecked both boxes also!
Thank you!  

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/nancysnook

Email   IP Logged
Nancy_142840
artist

Reply #8 - Jun 14th, 2016, 11:00am

PS   your email messaging wont let me choose the send to
The drop down box has nothing to show so I cant send email  

This is what I was trying to email you... Thank you!!  Nancy

Im trying to change both watermark buttons to No but it wont let me save the change..Can you please do this for me? Thank you! Nancy  greetingcarduniverse.com/nancysnook

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #9 - Jun 14th, 2016, 1:04pm

Quote from Stephanie_138388 on Jun 13th, 2016, 3:51pm:
Hi Mindy,

Yes I would like to request the watermarks removed ASAP from my images. Thank you and that is great.

Best,
Stephanie Laird

request submitted, thank you!  we'll post when complete.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #10 - Jun 14th, 2016, 1:05pm

Quote from Sue_181298 on Jun 13th, 2016, 4:58pm:
Mindy,

Thanks for keeping us informed. I'm very happy with the decision that was made. Please update my cards ASAP to remove all watermarks.  Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #11 - Jun 14th, 2016, 1:07pm

Quote from Ramelle_149580 on Jun 13th, 2016, 5:14pm:
This is great news, Mindy. My newer cards have been watermark-free for about a year, but it will be nice to have the older ones consistent with the rest. Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #12 - Jun 14th, 2016, 1:10pm

Quote from Laurie_139933 on Jun 13th, 2016, 7:01pm:
Hi Mindy, please remove my watermarks ASAP from my images on my original store. I have been doing it one card at a time for a long time but I still have over 10,000 that need to be removed. Thank you, Hugs, Laurie

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #13 - Jun 14th, 2016, 1:13pm

Thanks,

Teri

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #14 - Jun 14th, 2016, 1:17pm

Quote from Doreen_137017 on Jun 14th, 2016, 7:51am:
Now I'm confused. Why would I need my cards regenerated ASAP if I have no watermarks on my cards?
Am I misunderstanding Mindy's post?:

If you are ok with NO WATERMARKS on your card images, you need to TAKE NO ACTION.

It makes sense that if your cards have watermarks that you want to add your name to this list to have the watermarks removed as soon as possible, as there is no other way to accomplish this from already approved cards, but I don't think those of us who've had the NO WATERMARK feature checked, therefore have none on our cards, should be in need of GCU taking the time to regenerate our cards ahead of the big regeneration process.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Teri

Correct, if you have NEVER had watermarks applied to your card images there is no need to have your image regeneration expedited.  

In the early GCU days the watermark was defaulted ON so it's possible early images were watermarked before you realized it or before you changed your settings.  

We will run Teri's store through the process just to make sure.  

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.