Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Changing images (Read 2734 times)
Randy_362394
GCU Newbies

Changing images
Jun 10th, 2016, 12:44pm

Several times I have sent in paintings and the signature is too close to the edge. I am resigning many because of that. Didn't know until I started selling cards here. I have 3 that need editing like this. My problem is when I do into to edit the picture of the painting the change image pops up a select and delete icon and I click on select and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Have re-added the picture and found out you can't, so I am stuck with several I cannot edit.

Email   IP Logged
Audra_136634
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: Changing images
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2016, 12:49pm

I have been having trouble changing my image in recent days. I wrote to the review team this morning about this. They had asked if I could slightly shift my image artwork over as a teeny bit could potentially be clipped on one side. I did my usual Change Image process. I could see the changed image in Edit mode, but when returning to the Manage Cards page, the edit didn't show up. The review team reported to me that my image was not edited (although I certainly tried!)

Email   IP Logged
Card_Review_Team
artist

Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2016, 2:12pm

Hi Randy and Audra,
We are sorry you are experiencing difficulties in replacing the images on your returned cards. We have not had any reports recently of the issues you are experiencing. We have found that on occasion such problems might occur with a particular browser (e.g. Safari) and switching to a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox, solves the problem. One tip to try and see if you have success.

Be sure you are following the correct procedure indicated below.
HOW to EDIT and RESUBMIT:

1-Once you correct/change your image, upload the modified image under the Create a Card page.
2-Once the image has been loaded into your image gallery, choose EDIT for the returned card from the Manage Cards page.
3-Under the image you'll see a Change Image, click that and choose the newly uploaded image. Check the STANDARD or CUSTOM box and make any other changes you need (all fields are editable).
4-Click Edit Inside verse if you need to and then Save at the end of that process.
5-You will be returned to your Manage Cards page, click on the card again and then on the RESUBMIT link and it will come back to us with your changes.

After any edits to the card it is necessary to click the orange button and SAVE as this is the step that regenerates the images and inside text. If you do not do this step the updated image and verse will not be saved in the stored/cached images. Then please resubmit using the orange button.

This may be helpful too.
Please see "How Do I Change an Image" on our Wiki page here:
http://wiki.greetingcarduniverse.com/index.php/Creating_and_Maintaining_your_Car ds#Card_Maintenance

We hope this is helpful but if the issue is still there please post here or send an email to the review team at cardreview@greetingcarduniverse.com. We are here to help Smiley

Thanks,
Reviewer 758

Email   IP Logged
Audra_136634
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2016, 2:23pm

To the best of my knowledge, I did do all of those steps correctly. I tried more than once too. I did not edit my inside verse, just Saved after the Change Image. On that edit screen, my new image (I had added a border) was visible there, but when I returned to my Manage Cards page it still showed the original version without the border. I Resubmitted anyway, thinking that it was just a screen update issue. I was using Safari, by the way.

The reviewers did not see the new version with the border.  

However, since then I've decided to go back to using the original image since the reviewers decided to accept it after all. So I did a Change Image again to go back to the original image.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.