Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Custom Card Request Dialog Box Idea (Read 1665 times)
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Custom Card Request Dialog Box Idea
Jan 27th, 2016, 10:50am

Hello!

It would be really great if we could have a way to know if the customer who has made a request for a custom card has read our message to them -- something like the way the Facebook message system works -- as it shows the time when the other person reads our message.

I have messaged a customer for the second time after waiting a couple of days.  It's entirely possible that she read my reply to her and has changed her mind, but I have no way of knowing this.  I gave her an email address where she can contact me, but so far I haven't heard back from her that way either.

Just a thought.

Thanks!

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_179799
artist

Re: Custom Card Request Dialog Box Idea
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2016, 10:58am

Hi Penny,  
I brought something up a few days ago about this same thing. See here for thread.  
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1453571087

I too wish there were some way we could know if our messages are getting through.

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2016, 11:17am

Thanks for replying, Betsy!

Yes, hopefully we can have a system that benefits our customers and us.  Smiley

I had an issue in November, which Shaun replied to:

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1448324947

I'm sure that things will get worked out.

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Bruce_244612

Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2016, 12:39pm

Hi Penny,

That sounds like a simple idea that would be a stress reliever. Good idea. I don't know how simple the coding would be though.

Bruce

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2016, 6:16pm

Yes, we can see how this can be puzzling.  We will discuss w/ the team and see if there's any improvements that can be made with the custom request tool.  Thank you for the suggestion!

Email   IP Logged
Kathleen_137290
artist

Reply #5 - Feb 18th, 2016, 8:57pm

Thanks Mindy for checking into this.  I also wonder if communication went through to the customer.

While we are on this subject I have another question about the Customer Request format.

I have received requests for changes to the inside verse only and I send a message back to the customer explaining that they can make these custom changes to the inside of the card with directions.  But I never know how to mark the custom request on the GCU tool.

There is a list on the right:
View Request
Contact Requestor
Accept Request
Reject Request

On these inside change requests I usually click Contact Requestor.
Send them a message.
And just leave it at that.  But I notice that the status remains “new request.”

If I click reject request, does the customer get a message from GCU that the request was rejected.  And if they do, does that message from GCU reach them before my message?

Or, is this list just for our use with no message to the customer?

We have to click either “Accept Request” or “Reject Request” on in order to mark the request complete.  I think I have quite a few still marked new or in progress because I’m not sure of the procedure to use.  And I certainly don’t want to confuse or alienate the customer.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
Kati

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Feb 21st, 2016, 11:22am

Quote from Mindy on Feb 18th, 2016, 6:16pm:
Yes, we can see how this can be puzzling.  We will discuss w/ the team and see if there's any improvements that can be made with the custom request tool.  Thank you for the suggestion!

Thanks, Mindy!  

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.