Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Findings from Spontaneous Testing Session (Read 641 times)
SunAtNight_145914
Gold Member
artist

Findings from Spontaneous Testing Session
Jun 27th, 2015, 11:21am

I was helping someone use the GCU website and it turned into a small testing session. One thing led to another, and to another . . . The first thing that I noticed is that there are two different templates that the cards are being displayed with when you are logged out. The first template shows the button labeled "personalize" when the search engine is used. The second template displays the button labeled "view card" when using the category navigation (no search engine).  Each time a user clicks on either button or even if the image of the card is clicked on it will register double clicks. So if a user clicks once it will register as two. I did the same tests with Firefox and Chrome browser with the same double click results. I repeated the tests on 3 different cards just to be sure and produced the same results. It is entirely possible that some one clicked a card at the same time since it is live - but I tested it on cards that are not likely to be clicked on to reduce the possibility of this occurring.

I repeated the click test on the mobile site using the silk browser and being logged out - and received 0 clicks registered.

Another observation is that there is a difference of newly approved cards being displayed. I just happened to have a card that was approved yesterday around 4:30 pm central. I could see the card in the category when logged in but not when logged out. I will admit it hasn't been 24 hours yet but almost, I'm shy by 3 hours. The newly approved card shows up on the mobile site, but not the main site when logged out. The card approved yesterday did show up yesterday on the main site when logged in.

Just letting you know my findings. Consider this as feedback only. Hope you find it helpful. By doing this it answered some of my own questions. You know the ones that start with "Hmm, I wonder . . . " Thanks for listening!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.