Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Anniversary & Wedding General Categories (Read 961 times)
SunAtNight_145914
Gold Member
artist

Anniversary & Wedding General Categories
May 21st, 2015, 10:27pm

There are two categories that I find confusing. I thought that I had a good understanding of them until today.  I thought that Occasions > Anniversary - Wedding Cards > For Spouse / General  
was very similar to Occasions > Congratulations Cards > Wedding / Marriage > General / Bride & Groom.
Meaning that these categories wasn't treated as a relationship specific. I understand the wedding being to the bride and groom and applied the same logic to the anniversary. But I was incorrect.

The reviewer told me that Occasions > Anniversary - Wedding Cards > For Spouse / General  was relationship specific. There is also Occasions > Anniversary - Wedding Cards > General Wedding Anniversary to add some more confusion into the mix. There are 2 upper level general categories.

Maybe if there were subcategories under Anniversary - Wedding Cards > For Spouse / General it would better define the category. Perhaps reorganizing the category so that For Spouse could contain general, for husband, for wife, for etc. . . That way the user can get a better idea of what the category is all about.  

I'm so confused that I'm ready to go a different route altogether. I have a rainbow as a theme and I'm thinking about placing it there, but I used the phrase "our love".  Can this still be put into the rainbow category even if I used the phrase "our love glows"?  

Email   IP Logged
Card_Review_Team
artist

Re: Anniversary & Wedding General Categories
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2015, 8:05am

Hi SunAtNight,

We have replied to your question on your card and are going to share the same information here as it might be helpful to others. Smiley

The '/ General » General' part of 'for spouse' indicates that the card does not specifically speak to a husband or a wife in the text thus could be given from either spouse to the other.  
The Occasions >> Anniversary - Wedding >> General Wedding Anniversary is for general cards (non-relationship specific,etc) that others would give TO a couple that is celebrating their wedding anniversary.  

Hopefully that clarifies it a little and answers any questions on the difference between each of these categories.
As for the question on the placement of the subcategories for wife or husband that is something that we would have to check with admin.  

Reviewer 758

Email   IP Logged
SunAtNight_145914
Gold Member
artist

Re: Anniversary & Wedding General Categories
Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2015, 9:11am

Quote from Card_Review_Team on May 22nd, 2015, 8:05am:
Hi SunAtNight,

As for the question on the placement of the subcategories for wife or husband that is something that we would have to check with admin.

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.  
That is very succinct and very helpful. As to the subcategories under spouse, that was just my suggestion. I think users would deduce the proper definition if this was implemented; however, I bow to the category keeper. It's got to be a tough job (especially when there is any card imaginable).  Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.