Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Other Websites for Cards (Read 2034 times)
Austin_133058
GCU Newbies
artist

Other Websites for Cards
Mar 4th, 2015, 6:13pm

I'm curious what other sites are people having success at selling their cards on. GCU is getting very repressive and I'm looking for a different company to work with.

Email   IP Logged
Michael_197150

Re: Other Websites for Cards
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2015, 6:19pm

Good Luck finding one. This is the best I have ever seem.

Email   IP Logged
Paul_133086
artist

Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2015, 6:59pm

Shocked

Email   IP Logged
LD_131511
artist

Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2015, 10:12pm

Quote from Austin_133058 on Mar 4th, 2015, 6:13pm:
I'm curious what other sites are people having success at selling their cards on. GCU is getting very repressive and I'm looking for a different company to work with.

I've sold some cards through Zazzle.com but other than that, this is the only other one I know of that does regular business in that area. You can set up a shop for Society6.com for prints but if you sell cards there, it's also the same template for iPod / phone skinz at the same time so not sure if you want to sell anything other than cards.  

Email   IP Logged
Jan_234320

Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2015, 5:24am

Quote from Michael_197150 on Mar 4th, 2015, 6:19pm:
Good Luck finding one. This is the best I have ever seem.

totally agree

Email   IP Logged
Gail_137747
artist

Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2015, 7:18am

The other sites that I've looked at are either not taking on new artists or are very rigid on the style they want. Zazzle is good, but I sell more cards here on GCU.

Email   IP Logged
Terri_138640
artist

Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2015, 1:34pm

I'm right with you on that.  Sad  I sell at Zazzle too but I haven't added any here for ages. This is no longer a good site for newbies. The change to the payout system is when I just started to slide. It's taken me years to get another check in.
Thing is, (for those who haven't noticed or forgotten or something) if one is a newbie, one is probably not a full time artist, but working a regular job. And with that, who has time for the fixing nitpicking (some is legit but some is nitpicking for certain) or do that extra work with marketing to make the current payout system worthwhile?
I'm sorry to say I don't. I liked it when I started here and have no intention of taking my stuff down. But neither am I going out of my way to put stuff up. The profit I get back wouldn't feed me for a day.

On the other hand I DID get another check in, even though I had no time and had completely forgotten and given up on it.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.