Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Specific and General (Read 1178 times)
Rachel_274448
GCU Newbies

Specific and General
Jan 30th, 2015, 7:08am

I am getting ready to submit the balance of a series with a dog image and am confused about specific and general category definitions. According to the Image Guidelines:
"Cards can not be both in a specific and general subcategory for the same category. For example: Birthday >> For Her and Birthday >> General. If the card is feminine then it goes in For Her only. If the card is general it goes in General. One exception is with subcategories that are characteristics like Humor, Vintage, Animals, Sports, etc. A card CAN be in both a General and a characteristic category (Birthday >> Humor AND Birthday >> General)."

So it would follow from this that I could put a card in Birthday - Animals - Dogs and also Birthday - General. (The card is not age or relationship specific). I'm checking on this because when I tried to put a card into Birthday - Sports Specific - Ice skating and also Birthday - General, the Birthday - General category was taken away with the reason stated that it couldn't be in both a specific and general category. That seems to contradict the exceptions I quoted above from the Image Guidelines which include sports.

Thanks very much for your help,
Rachel

Email   IP Logged
Card_Review_Team
artist

Re: Specific and General
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2015, 7:49am

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for your question.
We will clarify the sports category question with admin to be sure we advise everyone correctly.

You are correct that you can place a birthday card in both the general and animal categories if the card is not age or relationship specific.

Reviewer 758

Email   IP Logged
Rachel_274448
GCU Newbies

Re: Specific and General
Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2015, 6:11am

Thanks for your help.  
Rachel

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.