Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Happy Holidays Card category? (Read 1103 times)
vicky_132049
GCU Newbies
artist

Happy Holidays Card category?
Dec 18th, 2014, 6:27pm

I'm doing a basic, nonreligious, nonspecific Happy Holidays card (yes, too late for this year) but can only find the Happy Holidays category under Holidays/Christmas/Happy Holidays. That seems odd, since customers avoiding the Christmas thing might not think to look under Holidays/Christmas. Plus, I don't know what the second category would be. Ideally it would be in Happy Holidays/General and Happy Holidays/Humor or animals. But I can't find anything like this, what should I put it under? Thanks.

Email   IP Logged
Rachel_274448
GCU Newbies

Re: Happy Holidays Card category?
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2014, 8:03am

I agree with you Vicky, it could be confusing or inappropriate for people looking for a nonspecific Happy Holidays card to have to only go to a subcategory of Christmas. A similar issue comes up with cards that say Season's Greetings (also found under Holidays/Christmas). So perhaps under Holidays there could be a Nonspecific Winter Holidays category that would include subcategories of Happy Holidays and Season's Greetings cards.  

Rachel

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: Happy Holidays Card category?
Reply #2 - Jan 22nd, 2015, 4:29pm

Agreed it gets confusing and there are many ways you could approach it.

We have found that since Happy Holidays and Season's Greetings are not a holiday of their own that they still fall under the Christmas umbrella.  Many people that celebrate Christmas do so in a non-religious way, yet many still call and consider it Christmas or as offered ... Season's Greetings or Happy Holidays.

There are many ways to approach this and none of them are really wrong ... GCU put great thought to this, shoppers' expectations and behaviors and have kept Season's Greetings and Happy Holidays under Christmas.

We've yet to have a shopper ask or share that they could not find the Happy Holiday or Season's Greetings cards and they have strong sales which are both good signs that we're on the right track  

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.