Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Lol! I feel like the queen of cruise ship cards (Read 3331 times)
Laura_142481
Gold Member
artist

Lol! I feel like the queen of cruise ship cards
Dec 2nd, 2014, 5:17pm

I just had to share this with all of you.
For all of my artistic passions and the varied designs that I create, those darn ( lol ) cruise ship cards I designed sell like hot cakes. But here is why-
First, when emails are sent out from the forum by Mindy for customer requests, jump on them, because that's what I did when the request came through last year ( I believe ) for holiday cruise cards. What possessed me to draw a cruise ship is anyone's guess because it's normally not my thing, but I'm glad I did.
Secondly, the cards helped to fill a niche market in that category. I know I'm not the only one here who jumped on the cruise ship calling and I'm sure those other artists are seeing sales, too. So, in other words, if a customer is looking for a specific card here on GCU, it means there's cards needed in that particular category.

Now to try and muster up more cruise cards. Not feeling the urge to draw cruise ships lately, but maybe with the sales, it may serve as inspiration.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Gail_137747
artist

Re: Lol! I feel like the queen of cruise ship card
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2014, 5:32pm

Good for you, Laura! Take your sales anywhere you can. I wish you many sales and much success!  

Email   IP Logged
Laura_142481
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2014, 6:28pm

Thanks Gail! Very kind. Same to you!

Email   IP Logged
Pamela_135500
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Dec 2nd, 2014, 7:45pm

This has been my experience too, Laura. Those wanted card requests often take one out of their usual realm and into something new. I have found many to be not only a fun challenge but often a profitable one too. Grin

Your cruise ship (if it is the birthday one) is so fun with all those balloons, it has such a happy occasion feel.  

Cruise on!

Pamela Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Laura_142481
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Dec 2nd, 2014, 9:08pm

Yes, that's the one Pamela! Thanks for your response. And you are so right about it being a challenge that can end up being profitable. Always a good thing to stretch ourselves into new areas.

Email   IP Logged
judith_134088
artist

Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2014, 7:31am

you are right, Laura….half of my recent sales are from fast track special request

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Dec 3rd, 2014, 8:05am

I too agree with you Laura, and the others. I have one which was a wanted card for a specific retirement party that sells in bulk several times a yearSmiley

Happy cruising!  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Laura_142481
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Dec 3rd, 2014, 9:21am

Thanks for commenting Judith and Doreen!
I think we need a "like" button for comments here on the forum.  

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #8 - Dec 3rd, 2014, 3:48pm

That is great news, thank you for sharing Laura and for other artists in agreement  

We often see follow on sales by other shoppers of cards submitted for special requests.  It sure makes sense that if one shopper is looking for something that other shoppers are too!

Kudos to you and your wonderful cruise ship designs, they are real beauties!
http://shop.greetingcarduniverse.com/search#w=laura%20cruise%20ship

May they continue to sail, I mean sell  

Email   IP Logged
Laura_142481
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Dec 3rd, 2014, 6:39pm

Thanks so much Mindy for your comment and lovely compliment. It's truly appreciated! It definitely proves that cards will sell the best if they really hit the market. You really don't need to be a great artist, just a sense of good design along with the right message. So what I may think personally will sell, is not always the case. That's why designing with a specific subject / market in mind yields a greater chance of sales.  

Thanks again!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.