Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
New - Notes Uniqueness Feature (Read 11375 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

New - Notes Uniqueness Feature
Apr 14th, 2014, 3:08pm

Visibility for your cards is huge!  It's the difference between having your card seen by the right person - or not.  Getting a sale - or not.

You can make a significant contribution to your cards' visibility by creating unique and descriptive Artist's Notes.  This field serves as not only a product description for shoppers but also offers valuable clues to search engines when identifying valuable and unique content to include in search results.

We are announcing a new feature to this field called Notes Uniqueness (live on 4//15/14).  It tests the Artist's Notes of each of your cards relative to the rest of your cards, not compared to other artists' cards on GCU.  The test results in one of the following measurements - for every one of your cards.  The measurement indicates if that card will be indexed by search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.).  This does not affect GCU on-site search, just search engines.

Very Unique  < green thumb up> - will be indexed
Unique  <yellow thumb sideways> - will be indexed but vulnerable if uniqueness criteria changes
Not Unique  <red thumb down> - will not be indexed

You will see this new field near the Artist's Notes field in these three locations:
1. when you create a card  (coming soon on Stock Card Creations)
2. when you Manage Cards (list view)
3. when you edit a specific card

If you have been using the same text or nearly the same text on your cards you will likely be seeing red.  This will be challenging for cards in a collection where the majority of the cards is the same.  Thus the description will be the same.  You'll have to do a little bit of creative writing to make cards in a collection unique but it can be done with little effort once you get in the swing of it.

Please see here about the Artist's Notes field:
http://gcucommunity.com/2011/08/18/nuts-and-bolts-how-to-write-product-descripti ons/

So if you've heard of SEO and want to implement it - this is one easy way to do it!  

Let us know if you have any questions.

Email   IP Logged
Stephanie_138388
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: New - Notes Uniqueness Feature
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2014, 6:59am

Awesome, thank you!

Email   IP Logged
Jay_134502
artist

Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2014, 4:48pm

Get out the thesaurus and have some fun with those card descriptions!  Grin

Wishing all of you many green   .

Email   IP Logged
Angela_151919
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2014, 6:45am

That's a brilliant idea, thank you Mindy.

Email   IP Logged
Studio_139120
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2014, 3:20pm

Nice idea but the system isn't working "waterproof" yet: I tried to describe my card as good as possible and got a green thumbs up. Found a typo, made a correction and the same text turned into a big red thumb down Huh

Email   IP Logged
CAROL_243890

Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2014, 3:55pm

That happened to me too, just because I corrected one word. Also on wednesday a few of my latest uploads had the green thumbs up, and then yesterday they had all changed to red.  undecided
I'm not getting any forum emails, I have to go through all the form topics to see whats new, that's how I found this one. I didn't receive the announcement that this new feature was starting up and when I saw it under Artists notes yesterday, I thought it was odd that no one had commented on it, of course you all have . . . I just wasn't getting those messages. I wonder is anyone else having problems similar to this.

Carol

Email   IP Logged
Studio_139120
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #6 - Apr 20th, 2014, 3:45pm

Quote from CAROL_243890 on Apr 18th, 2014, 3:55pm:

I'm not getting any forum emails, I have to go through all the form topics to see whats new, that's how I found this one. I didn't receive the announcement that this new feature was starting up and when I saw it under Artists notes yesterday, I thought it was odd that no one had commented on it, of course you all have . . . I just wasn't getting those messages. I wonder is anyone else having problems similar to this.

Carol

I do not receive any forum messages. I remember I got the new cards wanted requests a year ago or so but those stopped.

The green tumbs up do not work anymore once corrected a single word so there is no use to edit older cards in the collection unless problem is solved!

Email   IP Logged
Angela_151919
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Apr 22nd, 2014, 12:29am

I revised all of my cards yesterday, no problem with the green thumbs up and they are still ok today. I'm also getting regular GCU emails, so I'm wondering if it's a browser or cache thing?

Email   IP Logged
Stephanie_207353
GCU Newbies

Reply #8 - Apr 22nd, 2014, 6:23pm

I like the idea!   Grin Grin

Email   IP Logged
Renee_256728
GCU Newbies

Reply #9 - Apr 22nd, 2014, 8:14pm

Carole, I replied to one of your messages a few days ago regarding no longer getting any messages. I have not received messages from other artists since April 11. This is so strange and I feel out of touch. Anyone else?

Renee

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #10 - Apr 23rd, 2014, 12:55pm

I LOVE this new feature and have been madly working away on old card, thank you GCU  

I too have not been receiving email notifications for about two weeks and silly me, I just thought things were quiet around here  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #11 - Apr 23rd, 2014, 2:05pm

Quote from Studio_139120 on Apr 18th, 2014, 3:20pm:
Nice idea but the system isn't working "waterproof" yet: I tried to describe my card as good as possible and got a green thumbs up. Found a typo, made a correction and the same text turned into a big red thumb down Huh

Can you please share a few product ids where you encountered this issue?  

Email   IP Logged
CAROL_243890

Reply #12 - Apr 25th, 2014, 6:28am

Hi Renee,  
Sorry I didn't reply to to you earlier, but I didn't see the message . . . (no emails)  Grin
I replied yesterday. Anyway, we are not alone, and hopefully Shaun will sort it out soon.
At first ( like Doreen) I thought everyone was just quiet and there was no chat going on!!  Cheesy

Carol

Email   IP Logged
Studio_139120
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #13 - Apr 25th, 2014, 12:26pm

Quote from Shaun_131054 on Apr 23rd, 2014, 2:05pm:
Quote from Studio_139120 on Apr 18th, 2014, 3:20pm:

Can you please share a few product ids where you encountered this issue?

Looks like red turned into green: the cards with corrections are all green now. Yay for the new system

Email   IP Logged
Laura_142481
Gold Member
artist

Reply #14 - May 1st, 2014, 4:14pm

Wonderful new feature Mindy. Thank you! Just noticed this today as I was working on changing my featured cards and saw the little icon in tile view so I thought I'd better get onto the forum to find out more info. I haven't received any emails from forum posts in awhile from GCU myself.

It's definitely time to put our creative writing hats on!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.