Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
New - Notes Uniqueness Feature (Read 11373 times)
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Re: New - Notes Uniqueness Feature
Reply #15 - May 2nd, 2014, 12:21am

Hi Laura! You can read more about the new Uniqueness feature here:

http://gcucommunity.com/2014/04/15/nuts-and-bolts-uniqueness-artists-notes-seo/

Just an FYI: the GCU Community blog stays current with news about GCU and we have a lot of helpful articles like the one above.

Corrie
http://gcucommunity.com

(edited to correct URL)

« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2014, 11:52pm by Corrie_131338 »  
Email   IP Logged
vicky_132049
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #16 - May 2nd, 2014, 3:33pm

Hi,

the link doesn't work (at least for me), I am getting a message that says "you are not allowed to edit this story." Huh

Quote from Corrie_131338 on May 2nd, 2014, 12:21am:
Hi Laura! You can read more about the new Uniqueness feature here:

http://gcucommunity.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=3254&action=edit

Just an FYI: the GCU Community blog stays current with news about GCU and we have a lot of helpful articles like the one above.

Corrie
http://gcucommunity.com

Email   IP Logged
Lj_135293
Gold Member
artist

Reply #17 - May 2nd, 2014, 4:20pm

@ Vicky - You can just click the 'Community Blog' link in blue at the top of the page.  Takes you right to it.
Maybe you knew that already - I am not sure from your post - only an FYI if you didn't know ...  

The Lj Maxx Greeting Card Store:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/LjMaxx
Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #18 - May 2nd, 2014, 11:53pm

Email   IP Logged
Steve_134004
artist

Reply #19 - May 5th, 2014, 6:45am

I guess my store IS ok.

Email   IP Logged
Kathleen_137290
artist

Reply #20 - May 6th, 2014, 4:14pm

Just have to share my experience so far with the uniqueness feature.  I was in the middle of a 100+ card series (age specific birthday and birthday party cards) when you announced this feature.  I started to put quite a bit of time and effort into each description trying to make them different. Of course there are only so many ways to describe the same image, but tried to at least make one sentence different in each description.  Green thumbs were popping up all over the place  and I was feeling very jubilant and enjoying the challenge.  I took a break from working on the series and did some other cards then when I went back to the series today all the green thumbs up are now red thumbs down. There are a few yellow ones.

Perhaps it is too much to expect GCU green thumbs up on all in a long series.  I did google search with some simple key words on these cards and they came up in the first 5 results every time.  There was always at least one in the first page of the image search area and the google shopping search page was filled with my cards.

Something is working!

Thanks for listening,

Kati

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #21 - May 6th, 2014, 10:04pm

I've had the same experience Kati and found that if I take the time to open those which were green and are now yellow, when I open the edit view, they once again show green ... I save it again and from that point on they remain green.  Certainly frustrating, because it's twice as much work for us, but it does seem to work Smiley

Maybe part of the bug. They don't always 'save'?

Quote from Kathleen_137290 on May 6th, 2014, 4:14pm:
Just have to share my experience so far with the uniqueness feature.  I was in the middle of a 100+ card series (age specific birthday and birthday party cards) when you announced this feature.  I started to put quite a bit of time and effort into each description trying to make them different. Of course there are only so many ways to describe the same image, but tried to at least make one sentence different in each description.  Green thumbs were popping up all over the place  and I was feeling very jubilant and enjoying the challenge.  I took a break from working on the series and did some other cards then when I went back to the series today all the green thumbs up are now red thumbs down. There are a few yellow ones.

Perhaps it is too much to expect GCU green thumbs up on all in a long series.  I did google search with some simple key words on these cards and they came up in the first 5 results every time.  There was always at least one in the first page of the image search area and the google shopping search page was filled with my cards.

Something is working!

Thanks for listening,

Kati

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #22 - May 6th, 2014, 10:05pm

Quote from Steve_134004 on May 5th, 2014, 6:45am:
I guess my store IS ok.

Steve, how can your store be okay when it looks like all your Artist Notes say the same thing?

Just curious.

Email   IP Logged
CAROL_243890

Reply #23 - May 7th, 2014, 2:50am

Hi

I'm glad people are writing about this feature, 'cause it's driving me bonkers!  cry
I agree with everything Kathleen and Doreen have said. One day they are green and the next red, very frustrating and time consuming. When sending in a batch of the same design, how does one write something different on each. For instance, I was changing some of my cupcake cards, and I'd be getting a green light, but the minute I wrote cupcake, it turned red. How can you describe a cupcake card and not mention a cupcake?
Has anyone discovered some little knack to this that's working for them. Help!!!  undecided

Carol
p.s. Doreen, I'm still not getting forum emails ... are you?

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.