Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
Stock Card Creations - LIVE & updates! (Read 2670 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Stock Card Creations - LIVE & updates!
Mar 20th, 2014, 4:10pm

Great news!  We've taken the new Stock Card Creations service off of Beta and it is officially LIVE!   Cheesy

A few more exciting updates to share ...

1. We're now featuring Categories in Need of Cards on the Stock Card Creations page.  This shows GCU categories that have 0 cards and will be refreshed daily.  Don't know what kind of cards to create?  BINGO! 

Note:  in your submission be sure to include in your Note to Reviewers the intended category.

2. Soon we'll be featuring a quick reference of the Wanted: New Cards requests from the forum.  GCU will be creating at least 1 new card for each of these requests to make sure the shopper has something within the first 24 hours.

3. Stock Card Creations cards are selling!   Grin  Starting to sell big and starting to sell often  

Congratulations to these artists for growing sales on a single card ...

Nancy's Nook - 66  Cheesy
Janet Palaggi - 78  Cheesy Cheesy
Corrie Kuipers - over 1,000  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Many other Stock Card Creations cards are garnering small and steady sales!

Keep up the great work!  If you have not tried it yet please do!  It is very easy, quick and a load of fun.  I've even made a few sales  Wink

Here's the landing page for quick access:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/bigstock/

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_222657

Re: Stock Card Creations - LIVE & updates!
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2014, 4:16pm

Congrats to Nancy, Janet and Corrie. It looks like Corrie struck gold!  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Ramelle_149580
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2014, 4:41pm

Congrats to those who have been successful with Big Stock card creations. That's good news!

I wish I could make some, too, but I've had an awful time of it.
Mindy, is there a GCU tutorial or some helpful advice that I can access in regards to creating the Big Stock cards? I finally got around to exploring the wonderful variety of images available, and I tried to make a card, but the text boxes gave me a lot of grief.
After fiddling with it for a day, I was only able to create one card for submission. I had to redo the text over and over again until it looked good on my Preview. But the card was declined because the text did not look professional. Frustrating!
I wish we could copy the stock photos and use our own methods of applying text. The choices currently available are so limited, but getting them to work correctly is next to impossible. At least for me. Any ideas?

Email   IP Logged
Mary_140624
artist

sc
Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2014, 5:51pm

Roll Eyes

Email   IP Logged
Jay_134502
artist

Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2014, 5:53pm

We just made our first one so will wait and see what the reviewers say about it.
Exciting!!!

Email   IP Logged
Janet_134086
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Mar 21st, 2014, 12:40am

Thank you for the recognition, this put a big smile on my face!  Smiley
Great Job GCU Team, Nancy, and Corrie!  
WooHooo!!  
Janet Palaggi  

*Is there a possibility that in the future Big Stock Card Sales Can Go Towards The Quarterly Threshold?

« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2014, 2:23am by Janet_134086 »  
Email   IP Logged
CAROL_243890

Reply #6 - Mar 21st, 2014, 2:21am

Congrats to Nancy, Janet and Corrie.  

Mindy this is probably a dumb question   embarrassed  but what do you mean by ( the new Stock Card Creations service is off of Beta and officially LIVE!)  

And I'd love to see those winning designs, would that be possible?

Thanks Carol  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Janet_134086
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Mar 21st, 2014, 2:38am

Email   IP Logged
CAROL_243890

Reply #8 - Mar 21st, 2014, 2:46am

Thanks Janet.
Ah, such a sad occasion . . . but well done to you, and in just 2 sales.  

Carol

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #9 - Mar 21st, 2014, 11:26am

Quote from CAROL_243890 on Mar 21st, 2014, 2:21am:
Congrats to Nancy, Janet and Corrie.  

Mindy this is probably a dumb question   embarrassed  but what do you mean by ( the new Stock Card Creations service is off of Beta and officially LIVE!)

And I'd love to see those winning designs, would that be possible?

Thanks Carol  Smiley

Hi, not a dumb question.  We've removed the "beta" graphic from the landing page meaning we are no longer testing and have made all major fixes & improvements at this point.

... I'll defer to the artists listed if they'd like to share their "winning" design as Janet has done.  Unfortunately sometimes it attracts look a like designs.

Have fun!  Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #10 - Mar 21st, 2014, 11:48am

Quote from Ramelle_149580 on Mar 20th, 2014, 4:41pm:
Congrats to those who have been successful with Big Stock card creations. That's good news!

I wish I could make some, too, but I've had an awful time of it.
Mindy, is there a GCU tutorial or some helpful advice that I can access in regards to creating the Big Stock cards? I finally got around to exploring the wonderful variety of images available, and I tried to make a card, but the text boxes gave me a lot of grief.
After fiddling with it for a day, I was only able to create one card for submission. I had to redo the text over and over again until it looked good on my Preview. But the card was declined because the text did not look professional. Frustrating!
I wish we could copy the stock photos and use our own methods of applying text. The choices currently available are so limited, but getting them to work correctly is next to impossible. At least for me. Any ideas?

Hi Ramelle,
No tutorial at this point.  Yes, we realize that the text boxes can be finicky.  The more you have and the more you tinker with them the more temperamental they seem to be with alignment and placement.  They seem to act differently on different browsers.  Be sure NOT to use Internet Explorer.  We recommend Chrome or Firefox.  Worth mentioning we are not testing / supporting this on the iPad in case that's what you are using.

After trial and error on a handful of cards it now takes me under 10 mins to create a card.  I am very careful to look at the text alignment in the preview before I confirm the card front design and proceed to the next step.

We realize there are many creative limitations.  The intent is for it to be quick and easy, so intentionally there are not a lot of bells and whistles although we will likely introduce some additions in the distant future (ie: more fonts).  For those desiring more control and creativity you should create via the traditional route w/ your own images.

Also intentional and per our agreement with BigStock the images are to be used as is and not downloadable and manipulated by the artist.  That would be a different agreement / license.

I'll share that many cards have been declined for "unprofessional looking font / text" which could be many things:  font style, color, placement, alignment, etc.  This should be detailed for you in the reviewer's notes.

Hope this is helpful for you to make some positive progress.  Let me know if you have additional questions.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #11 - Mar 21st, 2014, 12:20pm

Quote from Janet_134086 on Mar 21st, 2014, 12:40am:

*Is there a possibility that in the future Big Stock Card Sales Can Go Towards The Quarterly Threshold?

Honestly, slim to none as the cost structure for these cards is very different than cards you create from scratch.  embarrassed

Email   IP Logged
CAROL_243890

Reply #12 - Mar 21st, 2014, 1:36pm

Hi Mindy,

Thanks.  That's ok. I understand.

Carol   Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Ramelle_149580
Gold Member
artist

Reply #13 - Mar 21st, 2014, 4:41pm

Mindy, I appreciate your detailed reply regarding my difficulty with the text boxes. I would like to try to make this work, but I admit that I'm a bit 'gun-shy' about having cards declined. I worry that any further declined BigStock experiments would make a black mark against my fairly clean track record so far. It sounds, paranoid, I know.
I used Firefox for creating my BigStock card(s). Still, the text boxes would jump all over the place and the entire image would slide all over the front of the card as if trying to avoid the text boxes from sticking. I may try again when I feel brave enough.
Thanks again,
RR

Email   IP Logged
Mary_140624
artist

Reply #14 - Mar 21st, 2014, 8:55pm

Have just checked on Google chrome, and the wanted categories are showing.....but not on Firefox ???

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.