Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Help PNG 6MB limit size for custom cards (Read 2435 times)
Diana_131887
Gold Member
artist

Help PNG 6MB limit size for custom cards
Dec 2nd, 2013, 12:31pm

Trying to make card designs for custom name birthday cards (text box on front of card). I need help with getting them to below 6MBs. As I understand it they have to be in PNG format for  the custom front cards. They are at 300 dpi and they're still not under 6mb.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Re: Help PNG 6MB limit size for custom cards
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2013, 12:46pm

Hi Diana,

They only need to be PNG for PHOTO CARDS.  Custom front text can be added on jpg images uploads.

As far as the size, if this is in Photoshop, try changing the quality from 12 to 11 or 10 - that usually sneaks them in just under the limit.

Hope that helps Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Diana_131887
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2013, 1:24pm

HI Doreen,
Thanks - Didn't realize that the PNG format was ONLY for Photo Cards. Good to know that you can use jpgs for custom text cards.
NOW if only there was a way they could have the guidelines so you know your text boxes are not  hanging over the safe area, while you're working on the front. As it is now, I'm eyeballing it and then testing it with the print/margin preview. And hoping I eyeballed it precisely.

Email   IP Logged
Elizabeth_137795
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Dec 2nd, 2013, 2:12pm

Hi Diana,
Another thing to remember if you've created your card in PhotoShop with several layers, is to 'flatten' your layers to make the file slightly smaller too.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Dec 2nd, 2013, 2:25pm

Quote from Diana_131887 on Dec 2nd, 2013, 1:24pm:
HI Doreen,
Thanks - Didn't realize that the PNG format was ONLY for Photo Cards. Good to know that you can use jpgs for custom text cards.
NOW if only there was a way they could have the guidelines so you know your text boxes are not  hanging over the safe area, while you're working on the front. As it is now, I'm eyeballing it and then testing it with the print/margin preview. And hoping I eyeballed it precisely.

You're welcome Diana and that 'instant preview' in the custom tool is on the wish list ... I know because I put it there  Grin

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.